- Did the Arab uprising destroy the Muslim Brotherhood?
This time five years ago, crowds swelled, regimes shook and the Muslim Brotherhood stood poised to become the biggest winners of the Arab uprisings.
- Islamic State’s double standards sow growing disillusion
GAZIANTEP, Turkey (AP) — Mohammed Saad, a Syrian activist, was imprisoned by the Islamic State group, hung by his arms and beaten regularly.
- Senior Iraqi Shiite Politician: ISIS withstanding U.S. air strikes
AhlulBayt News Agency – Anger with cash and weapons, Daesh (ISIS) is attracting huge numbers of foreign fighters to Iraq and Syria and withstanding U.S.-led air strikes that are failing to hit the right targets, a powerful Iraqi Shi’ite paramilitary leader told Reuters in an interview.
- Shiite Scholar: Quranic Colleges to Be Established in Germany, Belgium
AhlulBayt News Agency – An official with Iran’s Quranic Sciences and Teachings University said required permissions to set up a Quranic college in Germany have been issued.
- Iran’s Rouhani rules out apology for Saudi embassy attack
“We did everything we had to, we condemned” the attack, Rouhani said of the torching of the embassy earlier this month by demonstrators protesting the execution of a prominent cleric from Saudi Arabia’s Shiite minority.
- Grandson of Ayatollah Khomeini Is Excluded From Election Panel
TEHRAN — A grandson of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the first supreme leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, has been barred from helping to choose the next one, according to a family member’s posts on Instagram.
- ISIS execute fellow commanders in northern Iraq
The ISIS Takfiri militant group has executed four of its own commanders in Iraq’s oil-rich northern province of Kirkuk on charges of fleeing the battlefield.
- Daesh feeds on Saudi-sanctioned ideology: Senior Iraqi figure
An influential Iraqi parliamentary leader says the ideology embraced by the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group originates in Saudi Arabia, emphasizing the necessity to fight back such an ideology alongside other measures to counter Daesh.