- Radical Islamist TV Channel Funded By UK Treasury Tax Breaks
A radical Islamic television channel run by an anti-Semetic Salfist hate preacher has been partially funded by tax breaks from the UK Treasury.
- Jawwad opposes beautification of old areas
Prominent Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad has opposed the projects for the beautification of the old city areas.
- Quranic Sciences Center Launched in Baghdad
AhlulBayt News Agency – A center for Quranic readings and sciences named Rasul Azam (great prophet (PBUH)) was launched in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad.
- What is the future for the Shiites of Lebanon and Syria?
The Islamic State (ISIS) has once again proudly announced that it was behind the devastating bombing of the Shiite shrine of Sayyida Zeinab south of the Syrian capital Damascus last weekend.
- Saudi-led airstrikes aimed at Shiite rebels kill at least 30 in Yemen
SANAA, Yemen >> Saudi-led airstrikes targeting Shiite rebels killed at least 30 people, mostly civilians, when they hit a market area outside the capital on Saturday, Yemeni security officials said.
- Iraq summons UAE envoy over Shiite militia comments
BAGHDAD, Feb. 27 (Xinhua) — Baghdad on Saturday summoned the United Arab Emirates envoy to protest the comments of the UAE foreign minister on Shiite militia forces fighting the Islamic State (IS) group, which were deemed as an interference in Iraq’s internal affairs.
- Row breaks out between UK Sunni and Shia over Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr execution
A Sunni Islam group in the UK has been accused of trying to whip up sectarian animosity against Shia Muslims in the wake of tensions over the execution of the respected Shia cleric, Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr.
- In pursuit of a place to rest in peace
Rehmatabad, the Shia cemetery at Mazgaon (Reay Road) becomes a battlefield almost everyday as members of the community try to get space for burying their dead in an almost fully occupied graveyard.
- Daesh militants kill dozen comrades in western Iraq
The Daesh Takfiri militant group has reportedly executed a dozen of its own members in Iraq’s embattled western province of Anbar on charges of fleeing the battlefield.