- ‘Sunni-shiite war behind slay try’
A SPOKESMAN for the Moro National Liberation Front linked Tuesday’s shooting and wounding of a popular Saudi cleric and a Saudi Embassy official at a religious symposium at the Mindanao State University to the sectarian conflict between Sunnis and Shiite Muslims.
- Shiite youth stage protest over continued detention of Zakzaky
You will recall that El-Zakzaky has been in detention since the violent clash between members of the sect and men of the Nigerian Army in December 2015.
- Gulf condemns Hezbollah, Iran denounces Gulf’s decision
Iran said the Gulf Cooperation Council made a mistake labelling Hezbollah a terrorist organization and that the move may jeopardize peace, while the interior ministers of several Arab countries accused Hezbollah of deepening sectarian rifts and recruiting young Arabs
- Bin Laden documents reveal communication between al-Qaeda and Iran
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — Al-Qaeda documents recently released by the United States shows some form of contact between the extremist group and Iran, particularly on the situation in Iraq where the two sides sought to reach a deal.
- As Saudi-Iran tensions grow, Lebanon pays the price
BEIRUT: Caught in the middle of tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran, Lebanon is paying the price for the growing rivalry between the Middle East’s main Sunni and Shiite powers.
- Iraqi PM dismisses calls to exclude Shia fighters from battle with Daesh in Mosul
Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi on Thursday rejected calls by Nineveh’s provincial council to prohibit Iraq’s Hashd al-Shaabi (“Popular Mobilization”) forces from taking part in an anticipated military operation aimed at retaking the northern city of Mosul from the Daesh terrorist group.
- Shia School in US Takes 1 Place at Science and Engineering Fair Competition / Photos
Students from Al-Hadi School, a Shia Muslim majority school based in Houston, Texas, won a rather prestigious award this February as it was presented with 1st place for the Science and Engineering Fair at the University of Houston.
- The Great Brotherhood Divide
Divisions within the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt deepen, creating greater confusion about the state of its affairs and threatening the group’s survival.
- Bangladesh arrests Islamists over Hindu priest’s murder
04.03.2016 Bangladesh has arrested three more Islamist militants over the murder of a top Hindu priest, the latest in a series of attacks on religious minorities in the Muslim-majority nation.
- 1.5 Million May Die if Mosul Dam Fails: Iraq Expert
Almost 1.5 million Iraqis are in danger of being killed by a wall of water if the dismally maintained Mosul dam collapses, a former senior government engineer who was once in charge of the country’s dam system warned on Thursday.