- Fire hits natural gas well in northern Iraq’s Kirkuk region
A fire broke out on Tuesday evening at a mothballed natural gas production well close to the region controlled by ISIS militants in northern Iraq, an oil official said.
- Shiite Sect: Falana demands El-Zakzaky’s release
Frontline human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has asked Nigeria’s secret police, State Security Service to release the Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, the detained leader of the Shi-ite sect, and his wife, Zeenat unconditionally.
- Protest follows funeral of Bahraini teenager in Shiite village
A protest broke out in Bahrain Tuesday after thousands of mourners attended the funeral in a Shiite village of a teenager whose family says died of injuries suffered in a police chase, witnesses said.
- Qatar Royal Freed By Iraq Kidnappers After 4 Month Ordeal
Doha: A member of the Qatari royal family and a Pakistani have been released by kidnappers in Iraq after nearly four months in captivity, the Qatari foreign ministry said today.
- Iraq’s restaurant business booms amid fighting, economic slump
Despite an ongoing war with the Islamic State, there are about 40 percent more restaurants in Baghdad than there were in 2013.
- Report: Prospects of Iraq’s Political Reform
AhlulBayt News Agency – When the necessity for fighting the corruption in Iraq was raised with a backing from the country’s (Shiite) clergy, there were rays of hope and expectation that accomplishing this popular demand would result in people and clerics putting more trust on the Iraqi government and empower it in spreading the rule of law across the country and restoring the national independence and sovereignty.
- UK Shia, Sunni meet with grand Ayatollah Javadi: Quran, most important factor for Islamic proximity
AhlulBayt News Agency – Grand Ayatollah Abdullah Javadi Amoli, met with a group of Shia and Sunni clerics from Britain highlighting holy book of Islam as the most important factor for Islamic proximity which is attainable only by nearness to God Almighty and said God Almighty sent Qur’an for Muslims to keep hold of the holy book and ascend.
- 11 Countries with Highest Shia Population
Are you trying to find out about the countries with highest Shia population? If yes, then look no further because we can help you out in finding them today.
- Saudi security official killed, ISIS claims responsibility
The Daesh Takfiri terrorist group has claimed responsibility for a shooting outside Saudi Arabia’s capital of Riyadh, where a Saudi police officer was killed.
- Iraq: Women Suffer Under ISIS
(Beirut) – The extremist armed group Islamic State should urgently release Yezidi women and girls they abducted in 2014, Human Rights Watch said today, following new research with recent escapees who were raped and traded between members before they fled.