- DSS given 24-hour ultimatum to release Shiite leader, wife
Lagos – The Department of State Services (DSS) has been given a 24-hour ultimatum to release the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky, and his wife, Hajia Zeenat Ibraheem, from detention unconditionally.
- Hamas finds itself between a rock and a hard place
The leaders of Hamas never imagined that they would be pushed up against the wall like this.
- Will Shiite alliance in Iraq continue to survive?
The current sectarian-based political system in Iraq is made up of three major alliances, namely Shiite, Sunni Arab and Kurdish.
- Former IS captive: Calling it a genocide is not enough
QAMISHLI, Syria — Janet and Immanuel decided to speak about their daughter Mary, who had been captured by the Islamic State more than a year ago. They sat together holding a large photo of the entire family, whose surname they preferred to withhold.
- Swiss Student Converts to Islam at Shiite Holy Shrine in Iran
A young Swiss Christian student has converted to Islam and became a Shia Muslim during his visit to the holy shrine of Shah-e Cheragh in this southwestern provincial capital city, it was reported on Wednesday.
- Iran Plans Visit to Rival Saudis to Discuss Hajj Pilgrimage
BEIRUT, Lebanon — Iran announced on Wednesday that it intended to send a delegation to Saudi Arabia this month to discuss the hajj pilgrimage, a rare official meeting between the Middle Eastern rivals at a time of deep regional tensions.
- Passport issue: Shia cleric alleges harassment
Lucknow, Apr 6 (PTI) Noted Shia cleric Kalbe Jawad, who has been asked by authorities to submit his passport within 10 days in view of cases pending against him, approached Ministry of External Affairs today alleging that the Regional Passport Office was trying to harass him in connivance with the Lucknow district administration.
- Egypt Nilesat stops broadcasting Al-Manar
AhlulBayt News Agency – Egyptian satellite provider Nilesat has stopped airing Lebanese news channel Al-Manar following similar moves targeting Lebanon by Saudi Arabia and its allies.
- Iraq volunteer fighters repairs Baiji electricity
AhlulBayt News Agency – Iraqi volunteer fighters of the Ali al-Akbar Brigade, affiliated to the Imam Hussein Holy Shrine, have participated in repairing the electricity of Baiji, north of Baghdad.
- Will Jordan ban the Muslim Brotherhood?
Two incidents in March have heightened tensions between Jordan’s Muslim Brotherhood Group (MBG) and the government to the point of raising speculation about the future of the 70-year-old Islamist movement.