- Will the U.S. Confront Saudi Leaders About Their Country’s Role in 9/11? Sanders, Clinton Weigh In
The Saudi Arabian government has threatened to sell [off] hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of American assets should Congress pass a bi-partisan bill led by U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer that could hold the kingdom responsible for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, The New York Times reported Friday.
- Al-Sadr appeals for solution to Iraq’s political crisis
BAGHDAD (AP) — An influential Iraqi Shiite cleric on Wednesday called on the United Nations and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation to help find a solution to the country’s simmering political crisis “even through holding early elections.”
- Yemen rebels to join delayed peace talks in Kuwait
Yemen’s Huthi rebels and their allies have agreed to join delayed peace talks in Kuwait after the United Nations assured them that pro-government forces would abide by a ceasefire.
- Senior ISIS Commander killed Inside Mosul / Pic
In a close cooperation with the Kurdish counter-terrorism forces, international coalition warplanes killed a senior commander of the ISIS inside the group’s territories.
- Mutual suspicion frays historic US-Saudi ties
Barack Obama faces a ruling family under unpredictable new management on his farewell trip to Riyadh
- Analysis: Turkey trying to balance relations between Iran, Saudis
The Turkish government is carefully walking a tightrope in building relations with both Iran and its regional archrival Saudi Arabia, in addition to Israel.
- Obama lands in Saudi Arabia for fence-mending visit amid rift over Iran, Syria
President Barack Obama landed in Riyadh on Wednesday to meet with Saudi King Salman and other Persian Gulf leaders.
- Afghanistan attack: Kabul suicide blast deaths rise to 64
The death toll from a huge explosion in the centre of the Afghan capital Kabul on Tuesday has more than doubled to 64 people, the government says.
- Yemen’s Houthis to join UN-backed peace talks in Kuwait
Shia group joins talks after receiving UN guarantees that Saudi-led coalition would halt airstrikes in Yemen