- IS suicide attack kills eight at Iraq Shiite mosque
A suicide attack claimed by the Islamic State group killed at least eight people at a Shiite mosque on the southwestern edge of Baghdad on Friday, security and medical officials said.
- India’s Supreme Court Takes on Controversial ‘Triple Talaq’ Practice
India’s Supreme Court may soon take one of its most interesting and far-reaching court decisions, one that could go down as pivotal in Indian history.
- Amnesty says Nigerian military killed hundreds of minority Shiite Muslims
The Nigerian Army has been repeatedly accused of killing innocent civilians in their war against Boko Haram, but military officials maintain that the troops have acted appropriately.
- Iraqi warplanes destroy Daesh oil convoy in Nineveh province
The Iraqi Air Force has destroyed a Daesh oil convoy in the northern Nineveh province, a blow to stem the Takfiri terrorist group’s oil sales.
- Iran, flag-bearer of fight against terrorism: Rouhani
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has described the Islamic Republic as the “flag-bearer” of the fight against terrorism, saying Iran’s efforts have helped prevent the expansion of Daesh terror activities.
- UN torture committee calls on Saudi to stop corporal punishments
The United Nations torture committee has called on Saudi Arabia to stop physical punishment, including flogging and amputations, in the Persian Gulf kingdom.
- Iran’s Zarif signs Paris Agreement on climate change
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has signed the historic Paris Agreement on climate change during a ceremony at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
- Russian sappers discover Daesh largest ammunition cache in Palmyra
Russian sappers have discovered “one of the largest” ammunition caches that the Daesh Takfiri terrorists left behind in the recently liberated Syrian city of Palmyra, the Russian Defense Ministry says.
- Tehran Friday Prayers Leader: Collapse of Al Saud Imminent
Tehran’s provisional Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Movahedi Kermani blasted the Riyadh government for supporting the Takfiri terrorist groups in the region, and said the Saudi regime is on the verge of collapse.
- Photos: Imam Ali’s (AS) Birth Anniversary Celebrated in Sanabis, Bahrain
Shiite Muslims in Bahrain celebrate the birth anniversary of Imam Ali (AS), the first Shia imam.