- Saudi Binladin Group employees set fire to buses in protest
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Employees at giant construction firm, the Saudi Binladin Group, have set fire to more than seven company buses to protest a reportedly large round of looming layoffs and not being paid their salaries for months.
- Iraqi Shiite protesters camp out in Baghdad Green Zone after protest
After weeks of ongoing protests, supporters of Muslim cleric Muqtada al-Sadr have set up camp inside Baghdad’s Green Zone. The protesters are calling for more transparent government.
- ISIS bomb kills 8 Shiite militiamen in Bashir
BASHIR, Kurdistan Region – A planted bomb exploded at the entrance to Bashir village, killing eight fighters of the Hashd al-Shaabi on Sunday, hours after the Shiite militia and Kurdish Peshmerga forces declared the village had been recaptured from the Islamic State (ISIS).
- USA: Shiite, Sunni Muslim women gather to find what’s common, not different
AhlulBayt News Agency – Iram Jafri’s older brother was 39 when he was killed as he left his office in Pakistan in 2001.
- Twin bombings in southern Iraq kill 33
Two bomb blasts in the southern Iraqi city of Samawa today killed at least 33 people and wounded more than 50, security and medical officials said.
- Iraq parliament protesters should be arrested, PM Haider al-Abadi says
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi on Sunday ordered authorities to arrest and prosecute protesters who attacked security forces and legislators, and damaged state property after breaking into Baghdad’s heavily fortified Green Zone to protest delays in reform plans.
- Iranian Shia scholar calls for ‘Mercy-oriented Interfaith ‘Dialogue
AhlulBayt News Agency – Hujjat-ul-Islam Ahmad Moballeghi, director of Al Mustafa International University, participated conference on “Inclusion of Divine Blessing as Principle for Interfaith Dialogue in 21st Century” counting the achievements of dialogue among different religions.
- Nigerian army kills nine Boko Haram militants
AhlulBayt News Agency – Nine Boko Haram militants were have been killed in the Kala Balge area of Nigeria’s northeastern Borno State as troops pre-empted a massive attack planned on an army base.
- Yemeni ex-leader Saleh to RT: No difference between Saudi regime and ISIS, Al-Qaeda
In the aftermath of thousands of Yemeni civilians’ deaths at the hands of the Saudi-led coalition, Yemen’s ex-president Ali Abdullah Saleh told RT that there is no difference between the “Saudi regime” and terror groups like Islamic State and Al-Qaeda.
- South Korea president arrives in Tehran for historic visit
South Korean President Park Geun-hye has arrived in the Iranian capital Tehran for a historic visit to strengthen political and economic relations between the two countries.