- Hezbollah’s future hinges on the outcome of Syria’s war
For all its current brutality and intractability, the war in Syria, like all wars, will one day come to an end.
- Family Dies of Thirst After Escaping ISIS in Hawija, Iraq
Five members of an Arab Family died of thirst on Wednesday after they escaped ISIS in Hawija, northern Iraq.
- Iraqi Forces Recapture Strategic Town From Islamic State
BAGHDAD—Iraqi forces retook a strategic town in Anbar from Islamic State Thursday, in the wake of a weeklong series of deadly attacks by the insurgents in Baghdad, extending a string of battlefield victories against the extremists.
- Senior ISIS Member Killed in Northern Iraq
AhlulBayt News Agency – The Iraqi army has announced the death of a senior ISIS member in a coalition airstrike in northern Iraq.
- Azerbaijan: A Country of Unusual Shia-Sunni Harmony
Our capital of Baku boasts an incomparably beautiful Heydar Mosque, the largest Mosque in the entire South Caucasus region.
- ISIS Sleeper Cells Arrested in Kirkuk, Iraq
AhlulBayt News Agency – The security forces in Kirkuk have arrested a group of sleeper cells linked to the ISIS.
- Iran-Saudi tensions simmer in Lebanon
When thousands of mourners gathered in the southern suburbs of Beirut last week to bury top Hezbollah commander Mustafa Badreddine, who was killed in Syria, they repeatedly chanted “Death to al Saud”.
- The Next Phase of the Jihadist Threat in Saudi Arabia
Jihadism has deep roots in Saudi Arabia, the second-largest source of foreign militants in Iraq and Syria since the Syrian civil war began in 2011.
- Syria regime backed by Hezbollah retakes key town outside capital
Pro-regime fighters used clashes between rival rebel factions Jaish al-Islam and Faylaq al-Rahman as an opportunity to retake Deir al-Assafir, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
- Saudi Arabia sentences Egyptian to prison for ‘supporting the Muslim Brotherhood’
A Saudi court has sentenced an Egyptian national residing in Saudi Arabia to four years in prison, fined him 5,000 Saudi Riyals (around $1,333) and ordered his expulsion from the country after serving his sentence on charges of belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood.