- Saudi man arrested after shooting male doctor who assisted wife’s labor
A Saudi husband has been arrested for shooting a male doctor who assisted during his wife’s childbirth. The shooter believed the doctor had no right to be present during labor and that only a female gynecologist should have assisted the delivery.
- Is the Islamic State fueling Shiite infighting in Iraq?
NAJAF, Iraq — Sadr City in eastern Baghdad has been one of the main areas targeted by the Islamic State (IS) in the Iraqi capital.
- 70 Islamic State militants killed in Fallujah as conditions worsen in besieged city
Baghdad: US-led coalition strikes supporting Iraqi forces in the recapture of Fallujah have killed 70 Islamic State militants including the group’s commander in the city, a US military spokesman says.
- Final battle for ISIS-held Fallujah will start in days: Shiite leader
BAGHDAD/GENEVA: The final battle to recapture Fallujah, ISIS’s stronghold near Baghdad, will start in “days, not weeks,” a Shiite militia leader said Friday, as new reports emerged of people starving to death in the besieged Sunni city.
- Hundreds flee Falluja during Iraqi offensive
(CNN)Hundreds of residents, mostly women and children, fled Falluja Friday as Iraqi soldiers attacked to drive ISIS from the city, the Iraqi military said.
- Iraqi airstrikes kill 3 senior Daesh commanders in Mosul
Iraq’s military says three high-ranking commanders of the Daesh Takfiri terrorist group have been killed in airstrikes conducted by army’s warplanes in the northern city of Mosul.
- Israeli undercover soldiers shot young Palestinian man
AhlulBayt News Agency – A young Palestinian man was shot and injured Friday evening by Israeli undercover soldiers at the northern entrance to Bethlehem to the south of occupied West Bank.
- The last remaining Pentagon-trained rebel group in Syria is now in jeopardy
REYHANLI, Turkey — Throughout the fiasco of the Pentagon’s $500 million effort to train and equip a force of Syrian rebels to take on the Islamic State, one small group endured.
- Syria: ‘100,000 trapped’ near Turkey as ISIL advances
More than 100,000 Syrians were trapped near the Turkish border as fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group advanced on two strategically-vital towns.
- Syria denies Russian constitution rumours
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has denied media reports that his ally Russia drew up a new constitution for his country and presented it to his government as part of international efforts to end the long conflict.