- Push for hudud law raises tensions in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur (CNN)A proposal in Malaysia’s Parliament to introduce the strict Islamic penal code known as hudud law is threatening to split the country’s government apart.
- Bahrain court extends prison term for Shiite opposition leader
An appeals court in the Gulf country stretched the jail term for Shiite leader Sheikh Ali Salman from four years to nine.
- Iran: Our pilgrims will not take part in Hajj
Iran has barred its pilgrims from traveling to Mecca to take part in the annual Muslim Hajj pilgrimage after accusing Saudi Arabia of failing to guarantee the safety of its citizens.
- Shiite Militia Unearths Daesh Tunnels Near Iraq’s Fallujah (PHOTO, VIDEO)
A Shiite militia group uncovered a system of tunnels used by Daesh terrorists near the city of Fallujah in Iraq.
- Shiite mosque bombing: Kuwait SC upholds death sentence of main convict
Kuwait’s supreme court today upheld the death sentence handed down to the main convict in the Islamic State group bombing of a Shiite mosque that killed 26 people.
- Yemen rebels launch missile into Saudi Arabia
SANAA, Yemen — Yemen’s Houthi rebels have launched a missile over the border into Saudi Arabia for the first time in weeks in the latest violation of a shaky truce between the insurgents and the Saudi-backed Yemeni government.
- Lebanon foils three bombing attempts
Lebanon’s Interior Minister Nouhad Machnouk has said that security forces in recent months have uncovered three networks plotting to carry out bombings in the country.
- Bombs kill at least 35 in Baghdad; casualties from two other explosions unknown
BAGHDAD – Two car bombs and a booby-trapped motorcycle targeted different parts of Baghdad on Monday, with at least 35 people in one attack alone, sources told Rudaw.
- Hunger strike against Shia Killings reaches Lahore; Rally announced from Press Club to Assembly Hall
LAHORE, Pakistan AhlulBayt News Agency – A number of Friday Prayer leaders and cleric from seminaries (AJJMD) on Saturday gathered outside press club Lahore protesting the on-going oppression against shiites in Pakistan.
- Iraqi special forces prepare for ‘decisive’ battle for Fallujah
Iraqi special forces expect to encounter fierce resistance as they push into Fallujah in a bid to free the territory from Islamic State (IS) control.