- Muslim women seek support to abolish triple talaq
New Delhi: Thousands of Muslim women have sought support to abolish the “heinous” practice of ‘triple talaq’, which they have termed an “un-Quranic” practice.
- Why fight for Fallujah? The U.S. only loses in this Shiite-Sunni battle
Media report that the much-heralded Iraqi government offensive, supported by U.S. forces, to retake the town of Fallujah from the Islamic State is underway.
- ‘Gap between govt, people wider’: Rajab on Bahrain Shiite opposition leader’s doubled prison term
A court in Bahrain has more than doubled the prison term for the leader of the Shiite opposition, Sheikh Ali Salman. Prominent opposition activist Nabeel Rajab told RT that almost all of the country’s opposition leaders have been locked up.
- Bahrain regime upholds death sentences for three Shiite activist
AhlulBayt News Agency – An appeals court in Bahrain has upheld the death sentences of three Shiite activists over allegations that they killed three policemen in a bombing in 2014.
- Bahrain regime releases Shiite activist ‘Zainab al-Khawaja’, Her father still in life imprisonment / Photos
AhlulBayt News Agency – Bahraini authorities have released a human rights campaigner who has been in prison with her infant son since March, reported her family.
- Saudi Sentences 14 People to Death: Report
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Saudi Arabia has sentenced 14 people to death in a Shiite-populated area in the kingdom, Press TV cited the Al Arabyia television as reporting on Wednesday.
- Fallujah still under ISIS grip as troops and militiamen inch closer to the city
By capturing the Albu Shejel area ISIS has lost control of parts of the Iraq-Jordan highway.
- Taliban kill nine passengers, Afghan Army rescues 140
KUNDUZ: Taliban insurgents killed nine people and kidnapped 20 others when they held up three buses in northern Afghanistan on Tuesday, while the remaining 140 passengers had to be rescued by Afghan forces, the local deputy police chief said.
- Only ‘exceptional measure’ would tackle unemployment
URMIA, May 31 (MNA) – Iran’s Hassan Rouhani has said country’s figure in job creation has been near zero during past decade.
- Ayatollah: Riyadh has politicized hajj due to failures in Yemen, Syria
TEHRAN – Garand Ayatollah Naser Markaem Shirazi said on Wednesday that Saudi Arabia has politicized hajj in order to compensate for its failures in Yemen, Syria and Iraq.