- This Nonprofit Wants the U.S. to Ally With Syria’s Dictator
In this turbulent election year, one constant theme for leaders of both major parties is a desire to build a global coalition against the Islamic State. Now a relatively unknown group is taking that message literally.
- Yemen’s Shiite Rebels Retake Ground From Government Forces
Yemeni officials say the country’s Shiite rebels have retaken ground from forces loyal to the internationally recognized government in two central provinces, with at least 85 fighters killed on both sides over the past three days.
- In Fallujah fight, top Shiite cleric calls for restraint toward Sunni civilians
Political values: Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani, whose 2014 fatwa prompted tens of thousands of Shiite militiamen to fight ISIS, now calls for them to respect ‘ethics of jihad.’
- Editorial: The road to Mosul, the ultimate prize in the war against Islamic State
Along the Euphrates, the waterway that gave life to Fertile Crescent civilizations stretching as far back as Babylon, two cities — Raqqa in Syria and Fallujah in Iraq — face military campaigns bent on further eroding the Islamic State’s dreams of a Middle East caliphate.
- We’ll leave Iraq when Iraq asks: Iran tells Saudi
Iran’s foreign minister said on Thursday that Tehran had no intention of leaving Iraq and criticised “arrogant” Saudi Arabia for accusing it of stoking sectarian violence.
- Pakistani Shia leaders endure hunger strike for 20 days now/ Allameh Jafari in critical condition
AhlulBayt News Agency- Allameh Raje Nasir Abbas Jafari, leader of Majlise Wahdate Muslimeen of Pakistan, along with a group of Shia Muslims have gone on hunger strike since Friday as an act of political protest to the continued injustices and ill-treatments of followers (Shias) of Ahlulbayt (a).
- The Third Battle of Fallujah
The assault began in the early hours on Monday when the Iraqi Army and Iranian-backed Shia militias stormed the city in Iraq’s Anbar Province under British and American air cover to expel ISIS once and for all.
- Northwest Aleppo pounded by Syrian Air Force
AhlulBayt News Agency – The Syrian Arab Air Force (SAAF) continued their aerial campaign over the Aleppo Governorate this week, targeting the takfiri controlled ‘Anadan Plains in the northwestern part of the province.
- Airstrikes kill more than 58 people in northern Syria
(CNN)Two days of airstrikes in northern Syria have killed at least 58 people and wounded nearly 300, according to a hospital director.
- IS faces major assaults on two fronts in Iraq and Syria
Two major attacks on Islamic State in Iraq and Syria is underway with the support of US-back militia in what could be some of the biggest operations to roll back the caliphate since 2014.