- In India, Muslim Women Call for End to Divorce in Three Words
In the time it takes to utter six syllables – talaq, talaq, talaq – or type and send the 15 characters over text message, Muslim men in India have the power to divorce their wives.
- Why Was Hajj for Iranian Pilgrims Canceled This Year?
After failing to resolve differences with Saudi Arabia, Iranians will be unable to attend the hajj pilgrimage this year.
- Iran’s Top Leader Rules out Cooperation With US Against IS
Iran’s top leader on Friday ruled out cooperation with America against the Islamic State group, their common enemy in Iraq and Syria, insisting that the United States remains Tehran’s enemy despite a landmark nuclear deal with word powers.
- ISIS holding Fallujah population hostage, Iraqi minister says
Islamic State is putting up a tough fight in Fallujah and its recapture by the Iraqi army could take time, said Iraqi Finance Minister Hoshiyar Zebari.
- Number of terrorist attacks fell in 2015 – U.S. report
An attack on a bus in Egypt.The U.S. State Department said on Thursday that the number of terrorist attacks around the world declined last year for the first time since 2012, and that such attacks were becoming more decentralized and diffuse.
- Egyptian military court jails 187 dissidents for life
An Egyptian court sentenced 187 political dissidents to life in prison (at a maximum of 25 years) on various charges, including the storming of a police station in the southern Minya province in 2013, according to a legal source close to the case.
- The other Wahhabi state
MIGHT soccer fans yet cheer a Wahhabi state? Qatar, the World Cup’s hosts in 2022, adheres to the same puritanical creed as its overbearing neighbour, Saudi Arabia.
- Iraqi forces kill 50 Daesh terrorists south of Fallujah
More than four dozen members of the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group have been killed when Iraqi government launched a counter-terrorism operation against the extremists in the conflict-ridden western province of Anbar.
- Terror case opens up Kuwait’s sectarian divisions
KUWAIT: Kuwaiti security service officers raided farmhouses near the Iraqi border late last summer, slicing through carpets and smashing open concrete floors.
- Iran ready for ‘decisive confrontation’ with US
A senior military commander says Iran is ready for a “decisive and difficult confrontation” with the US after Hillary Clinton threatens Tehran with military action.