- Syria conflict: Hospital ‘hit in Aleppo air strike’
At least 15 people are reported to have been killed and dozens wounded in a series of air strikes on rebel-held areas in the Syrian city of Aleppo.
- Car bomb in Shiite holy city in Iraq kills seven
BAGHDAD: A car bomb in Iraq’s Shiite holy city of Karbala killed seven civilians and wounded nearly two dozen Tuesday, officials said.
- Shia leader urges Baghdad not to open anti-Daesh fronts
A Shia leader has called on the Iraqi government not open up any new fronts in the battle against Daesh until all members of the terrorist group are expunged from the western city of Fallujah.
- Second Bogra Shia mosque attack suspect died in shootout, say police
The dead, identified as Md Kausar, 25, was an operative of the banned outfit Jama’at ul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB), security officials claimed.
- Shia Imam starts off Ramadan by visiting Ahmadiyya Mosque
In a bid to spread the spirit of Ramadan a Shia Imam spent the first day of the Islamic holy month at an Ahmadiyya Mosque.
- Bahraini Shia cleric ‘Sheikh l-Mansi’s’ first appeal hearing to be held in July 11
AhlulBayt News Agency – The defense panel of prominent Bahraini Shiite cleric Sheikh Mohammad Al-Mansi said they have finished the application procedures of the appeal against the ruling, sentencing him to one year in prison, over charges of leading a congregational prayer and delivering a sermon in a mosques without a license.
- Iran strongly condemns terrorist bombing in Karbala
AhlulBayt News Agency – Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari condemned Tuesday terrorist explosion in the Iraqi city of Karbala.
- Taliban insurgents killed 12, kidnapped 50 in Afghanistan
AhlulBayt News Agency – At least 12 civilians have been killed and 50 others abducted in two separate attacks by unknown militants on passengers traveling in eastern and northern Afghanistan.
- Ex-Mosul governor: Many prefer ISIS to Shiite militia for fear of revenge and abuse
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Former governor of Mosul and now leader of the Sunni militia known as Hashd al-Watani warns against any participation of Shiite militia in the battle for his city, adding that local residents prefer the Islamic State (ISIS) due to fears of reprisal and human rights abuse they have seen in liberated parts of the country.
- Abu Azrael sends message from Fallujah
Iraqi Shiite militia commander and strongman Abu Azrael, or “father of the Angel of Death,” taped a message from Fallujah addressed to both the enemies and friends of Iran.