- Iraqis Who Escaped From ISIS Tell of Extreme Terror—and Extreme Boredom
The chemical engineer escaped on a moonless night, fleeing from ISIS-held territory.
- Eight Killed in Twin Bombings at Syria’s Holiest Shia Shrine
At least eight people were killed in a twin bomb attack in a suburb of Damascus – home to Syria’s holiest Shia shrine.
- Pilgrim Nation: The Shias of the Bada Imambara
Shias gather at the Imambara to observe azadari, mourning and lamentation for the Imam Husain, grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, and his seventy-two followers who were killed at the Battle of Karbala in the 7th century
- Prominent Bahraini activist goes into exile in Denmark
A prominent Shiite activist in Bahrain said on Saturday she had left the country after recently being freed from prison.
- Al Abadi stakes leadership on Fallujah battle
Baghdad: Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al Abadi expects two victories from the battle under way in Fallujah, a Daesh stronghold near Baghdad.
- ISIS Claims Responsibility for Blasts Near Syrian Shiite Shrine That Killed at Least 20
ISIS claimed responsibility Saturday for suicide blasts that a monitoring group said left at least 20 people dead and more wounded in a predominantly Shiite suburb of Syria’s capital.
- Iran steps up recruitment of Shiite mercenaries for Syrian war
Herat, Afghanistan — With gelled hair spiked high and wearing a Dolce & Gabbana shirt, the young Afghan man looks more like a fashionista than a religious warrior ready to give his life for jihad in Syria.
- Iraq’s Moqtada Sadr warns of ‘million-man’ demonstration after Ramadan
Powerful Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr on Saturday called a halt to anti-government protests during Ramadan but warned that a “million-man” demonstration would be held after the Muslim holy month has ended.
- ISIS terrorist executes his own brother in charge of apostasy / Graphic
AhlulBayt News Agency – This is the horrifying moment a jihadist for the so-called Islamic State executed his own brother after he was accused of trying to defect the extremist group.
- Syria bombards starving Daraya hours after food aid delivery
(CNN)The Syrian regime has pounded the besieged city of Daraya with barrel bombs, just hours after food aid was delivered to the area for the first time in almost four years, officials and monitors said.