- Bahrain suspends main Shiite opposition group amid crackdown on protesters from 2011 Arab Spring
Bahrain’s largest opposition Shiite group, Al-Wefaq, has been closed down by a local court in the midst of a widening crackdown on activists that took part in the 2011 Arab Spring protests by the country’s Sunni-ruled government.
- We are detaining Shiite leader for his good – DSS
The Department of State Services (DSS) has revealed that the leader of the Shiite sect, Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky is being detained for his own good.
- Bahrain Ulama: Regime Declared War on Shia
Bahrain religious scholars (Ulama) denounced the repressive, terrorist acts practiced by the authorities against the people and their religious and political components in the context of commenting on the regime’s decision to suspend the activities of the Islamic National Association of al-Wefaq and dissolve al-Tawiya and al-Risala Islamic associations.
- Pakistan Shia major injured in Torkham firing succumbs to wounds
AhlulBayt News Agency – Pakistani Shia Major Ali Jawad Changezi, who got injured at Torkham border in Afghan security forces unprovoked firing yesterday and later embraced martyrdom at CMH Peshawar, was on Tuesday laid to rest in Quetta.
- Grand Ayatollah Sistani: Help others without asking their religious sects
AhlulBayt News Agency – Grand Ayatollah Ali al Sistani, top Iraqi jurisprudent, met with a group of academicians on Monday calling them to protect unity in the warn torn country.
- Seven Iraqi soldiers killed in a bomb blast south of Baghdad
At least seven Iraqi soldiers have been killed after a bomb hit a military checkpoint south of the capital city of Baghdad.
- Iran to continue assisting its neighbors: Rouhani
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has defended Tehran’s support for neighbors such as Iraq, saying the assistance will continue.
- Grand Ayatollah Makarem: Worship paves the way to reach human tranquility
AhlulBayt News Agency – Expressing that acts of worship soothe humankinds, Grand Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi said, “There are times when humans face challenges in their lives and may experience the feeling of hopelessness and disappointment, then they walk towards God and worship him with the aim of reaching the state of tranquility and inner peace,”
- Grand Ayatollah Sobhani: Islamic Teachings Logically Demonstrated in Holy Quran
AhlulBayt News Agency – “All Islamic teachings are demonstrated by strong intellectual reasoning. It’s impossible for a human being to believe in something unless he or she bears logical reasons to support it,” Ayatollah Sobhani said.