- Iran’s Leaders Disagree on Propping Up Syria’s Assad
Two important developments in Iran have finally brought into open a simmering issue that has divided the Iranian leadership since at least 2011.
- Tussle over Tablighi Jamaat global leadership leads to violence
Delhi: In a shocking development for the Muslim community at large, follower of the two senior leaders of Tablighi Jamaat clashed physically purportedly over the issue of assuming top most leadership at the world headquarters of Tablighi Jamaat at Bangle Wali Masjid located in Basti Hazrat Nizamuddin in Delhi.
- Iran’s leader slams Bahrain’s treatment of Shiite cleric
TEHRAN, Iran — Iran’s supreme leader has accused Bahrain’s Sunni-led government of “blatant foolishness and insanity” for stripping a prominent Shiite cleric of his citizenship.
- ‘Irked’ Shiite community to boycott CM’s Iftar party today
Hyderabad: Irked by the government’s decision to host the chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao’s “Iftar and Dinner” on June 26 which coincides with the anniversary of the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Ali, sections of the Shiite community have called for its boycott.
- Kuwait mosque hit by IS suicide bomb reopens as fears remain
KUWAIT CITY – The wood paneling bearing Quranic verses gleams inside the Imam Sadiq Mosque and the carpeting is soft underfoot for worshippers who come to pray in what is one of Kuwait’s oldest Shiite mosques — and the site of the country’s worst militant attack in modern history.
- Yemeni Officials: at Least 55 Killed in 2 Days of Fighting
Yemeni security and health officials say two days of fierce fighting between Shiite rebels and forces loyal to the internationally recognized government has killed at least 55 people from both sides.
- Bahrain regime releases 6 Shiite clerics, 2 eulogists after interrogating them
AhlulBayt News Agency – Activists on social media said that the Public Prosecution released on Saturday (June 25, 2016) 6 Shiite clerics and 2 eulogists after interrogating them.
- Iraqi commander: Fallujah ‘fully liberated’ from IS
BAGHDAD – A senior Iraqi commander declared that the city of Fallujah was “fully liberated” from Islamic State group militants on Sunday, after a more than monthlong military operation.
- Ayatollah Khamenei’s important speech on Bahrain and the region
AhlulBayt News Agency – Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, in a meeting on Saturday with a group of families of martyrs of the June 28, 1981 blast at the Islamic Republic Party headquarters as well as families of combatants who embraced martyrdom fighting holy shrines in Syria, praised the “faith, combat, valor and high cognition of martyrs” and “patience and steadfastness of the esteemed families of martyrs”.
- Youm-e-Ali: Security stepped up in major cities
LAHORE: Muslims around the world will mark Youm‐e Ali, which commemorates the martyrdom of Hazrat Ali ibn Abi Talib – first Imam in Shia theology and fourth Rashidun Caliph in Sunni tradition.