- Is the Islamic State planning a cyber-caliphate?
Judging from the Islamic State’s (IS) losses of territory and revenue in Iraq and Syria, IS is coming under more pressure by the day. If the losses continue at this pace, many observers think 2016 could well be the final year of IS in these two countries.
- Centre has done the right thing to initiate a probe into the funding of Islamic preacher Zakir Naik’s NGO
Some ten years ago, while I had started to hear Zakir Naik, my first impression was that he is an Islamic researcher, having command over his other religions’ scriptures, with an amazing memory bank backed by skilled oratory.
- 3 held for attack on Sufi Muslims
Three persons were arrested on Monday for their involvement in an attack on three elderly Sufi Muslims, including two women, and critically injuring them in western Bangladesh’s border town with India.
- Iran begins trial for 21 linked to storming of Saudi diplomatic missions
TEHRAN: Iran’s semi-official ISNA news agency says a closed trial has begun for 21 suspects in the storming of Saudi diplomatic missions earlier this year. Monday’s report did not provide further details.
- Iran Deploys Hizbollah-Trained Afghan Sniper Brigade in Syria
TEL AVIV — An Israeli intelligence source confirmed Monday that a new unit of Afghan snipers trained by Lebanese-based Hizbollah and financed by Iran is now operating beyond its northern border on behalf of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- Iraqi Shia leader declares new US troops ‘a target’
A powerful Iraqi Shia-Muslim cleric, Moqtada al-Sadr, has declared US troops arriving in his country targets for possible attack.
- MWM women protest rallies against ongoing Shia killings in Pakistan – A Success
AhlulBayt News Agency – Punjab – Sunday witnessed country wide Majlis Wahdat ul Muslimeen (MWM) women wings’ protest rallies on the call of their leader Allama Raja Nasir Abbas.
- British arms ‘used to murder Shia dissident in Saudi Arabia’
Powerful shotgun shells made by a British arms company were used by security forces in Saudi Arabia to assassinate a Shia dissident, his family claim.
- Pakistan: Punjab govt abducted Shiite Islamic preacher from Mashhad; still missing
AhlulBayt News Agency – Pakistan’s Majlis Wahdat ul Muslimeen in-charge in holy city of Mashhad, Maulana Aqeel Khan, has suddenly disappeared from Sargodha city.
- Iraqi Security Forces Foil ISIS Suicide Bombing in Kadhimiya
Iraqi security forces managed to foil a would-be suicide bombing by a member of ISIS terrorist group in the holy city of Kadhimiya, north of Baghdad.