- ‘Arrested Mumbai youth converted 800 to Islam’
MUMBAI: Rizwan Khan, who was arrested from Kalyan on Saturday, and Arshid Qureshi, held from Navi Mumbai earlier in the week, had reportedly facilitated the conversion of around 800 people across the country, including many in Mumbai, ATS officials said.
- Syrians displaced from Manbij recount horror
GAZIANTEP, Turkey — Residents of Manbij, in Aleppo’s countryside, tell of heinous crimes and difficult living conditions at the hands of Islamic State (IS) fighters. The residents say that the number of people who are stuck in IS-controlled areas and who wish to escape is much larger than those who managed to flee.
- Isis claims responsibility for Kabul fatal bomb attack on Hazara protesters
At least 80 dead and more than 230 wounded after attack on demonstration by minority group, which makes up 9% of population
- Kabul blast: Afghanistan mourns protest bombing victims
Afghanistan is observing a day of national mourning following the suicide bombing of a protest march in the capital, Kabul, that killed 80 people and wounded 230.
- Iran’s Zarif: Sunni, Shia Muslims both victims of Daesh, they must unite to defeat extremists
AhlulBayt News Agency – Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says Saturday deadly bomb attacks in Kabul are an example of the depravity of the Daesh terrorist group.
- Deadly Baghdad suicide bombing targets Shia area
At least 14 people killed after bomber blows himself up at police checkpoint in the mainly Shia district of Kadhimiya.
- Grand Imam of al-Azhar ask senior Sunni, Shia leaders to issue fatwa against Muslim killings
AhlulBayt News Agency – Sheikh Ahmad al Tayyeb, top Egyptian mufti, in an interview with Kuwaiti paper called Sunni and Shia scholars to issue a joint fatwa (religious statement) and ban homicide among Shia and Sunni communities.
- Senior Shia cleric: Incorrect understanding of holy Quran led to formation of Wahhabism
AhlulBayt News Agency – In a meeting with a group of students from southeastern Iran, Ayatollah Mohammad-Javad Fazel-Lankarani said that by studying the events happening in the Muslim world, we will realize that they are being planned by the enemies of Islam and added that the imperial powers initially founded the Wahhabi ideology, which is not just opposed to the Shi’a school of thought or even Sunni Islam, but rather this ideology has been formed to oppose the basis of Islam.
- Pakistani renowned Shia cleric ‘Allama Hasan Zafar’ hospitalized after 71-day of hunger strike
AhlulBayt News Agency – Pakistani renowned Shia cleric and member of Majlis Wahdat ul Muslimeen, Allama Hasan Zafar Naqvi, hospitalized under intensive care unit (ICU) fighting for health.