- ISIS suffers near collapse in oil revenue as it loses territory in Iraq
BAGHDAD — The Islamic State, pushed off more than half the Iraqi territory it seized in 2014, has suffered a near collapse in revenue from oil smuggling, officials say, forcing it to cut fighters’ pay, levy new taxes, and raise fines for breaking its religious code.
- ‘Malaysia no longer a torch for Islam’
BANGI: A US-based scholar has lamented Malaysia’s failure to live up to its potential to become an example of a Muslim country in which democracy thrives.
- Syrians Under Siege Since July Say They Are Eating Leaves and Dying of Starvation
Roughly 30,000 residents of a Syrian town a few dozen miles from the capital, Damascus, say they are trapped and dying of starvation as a result of a monthslong siege by forces loyal to president Bashar Assad.
- CTD kills seven terrorists in Sheikhupura
Seven suspected militants belonging to two proscribed organisations were killed in a shootout near Punjab’s Sheikhupura district during an intelligence-based police raid, officials said on Sunday.
- Failed coup strengthened Turkish unity: ambassador
TEHRAN – Two weeks after the July 15 coup, the Tehran Times sat face-to-face with Turkish ambassador to Tehran Riza Hakan Tekin to hear his remarks about the pre- and post-coup Turkey.
- Largest gathering of “custodians of holy sites of Shia Islam” will be held at Imam Ridha shrine
AhlulBayt News Agency – “The largest gathering of custodians of Muslim World Holy Shrines coincided with the days of glorious birthday anniversary of Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (A) will be held in the Razavi holy shrine” Deputy of Administration of Islamic Advertising and Communications of Astan Quds Razavi said.
- British woman murdered in Pakistan for converting to Shia Islam
AhlulBayt News Agency – The husband of a British woman who was killed in Pakistan called for the UK and Pakistani governments to ensure his wife received justice Thursday, as he sought to keep the spotlight on so-called honour killings.
- Senior Iraqi Shia cleric condemns killing of French priest, decries revoking Sheikh Qassim’s citizenship
AhlulBayt News Agency – Sayyed al-Qubanchi condemned Tuesday’s terrorist attack on a French church where ISIL terrorists killed an 85-year-old priest, stressing that such horrific acts are “rejected and unacceptable.”
- Video clip featuring martyrdom of Imam Jafar al-Sadiq will be aired in India
AhlulBayt News Agency – A video clip featuring the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Jaafar Sadeq (AS) will be aired by two TV channels of India.
- Nigeria regime on the same path of Al Saud against Sheikh Nimr; Islamic scholars must help to Free Sheikh Zakzaky
AhlulBayt News Agency – In an interview with the media, Imam Khamenei’s deputy representative in Qazvin province of Iran said: “The Nigerian government has tortured Sheikh Zakzaky in the most inhumane way, they are trying to end his life the same way Saudi regime did to Sheikh al-Nimr, therefore Islamic scholars must not keep silent.”