- The Latest: US says Mosul campaign ahead of schedule
MOSUL, Iraq (AP) — The Latest on the battle to retake Mosul from the Islamic State group (all times local):
- Why did Saudi Arabia halt its aid to Palestinian Authority?
The Palestinian government continues to talk about its fiscal deficit and questions its ability to meet Palestinians’ economic needs.
- New generation of jihadis poised to replace IS in Iraq
NAJAF, Iraq — During his speech at the third Middle East Forum held in Erbil Oct. 26, Iraqi parliament Speaker Salim al-Jubouri warned of future threats from the Islamic State (IS), saying that the terrorist organization “will not follow the same tactic once defeated in Mosul and will seek to reinvent itself to produce a new generation of terrorists with the ability to cope with the post-defeat phase and meet the resulting challenges.”
- Govt Puts Zakir Naik’s NGO Under Prior Permission List
New Delhi: IRF Educational Trust, promoted by controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, has been put under prior permission category, thus preventing it from receiving foreign funds without getting nod from the central government.
- World View: Kurdish Militias in Syria Make Surprise Announcement of Raqqa Operation
The Kurdish US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) on Sunday announced the beginning of an operation to recapture Raqqa from the so-called Islamic State (IS or ISIS or ISIL or Daesh). http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/11/07/7-nov-16-world-view-us-backed-kurdish-militias-syria-make-surprise-announcement-raqqa-operation/
- ISIS terrorists decapitated 100 hostages in a college building and left their bodies to rot.
- Some 100 decapitated bodies have been discovered on the outskirts of Mosul, said Iraq’s army. Baghdad has launched a military campaign to liberate the city from the “Islamic State” militant group.
- Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga forces stormed an Islamic State-held town northeast of Mosul on Monday, clearing a pocket of militants outside the city while Iraqi troops wage a fierce urban war with the jihadists in its eastern neighborhoods.