- Will Trump bring better future for Iraqis?
NAJAF, Iraq — Iraqis paid close attention to the US presidential race, especially to the candidates’ positions on their country. Many Iraqis welcomed Donald Trump’s presidential victory, as well as his anti-terrorism and anti-chaos rhetoric on Iraq.
- Russian experts find evidence of chemical weapon use by Aleppo terrorists – MoD
Russian military experts have found unexploded shells indicating that terrorists in Aleppo have been using chemical weapons in their regular attacks on civilian and Syrian government-held areas of the city, according to a Russian Defense Ministry statement.
- Saudi Arabia admits owing billions of dollars to contractors over oil slump
The Saudi Arabian finance minister has admitted billions of dollars are owed to private construction firms and foreign workers following the fall in oil revenue. Workers have been struggling for months without pay.
- Mosul Is My Hometown, Here Is Why The Islamic State Was Able To Stay There
NIQASH’s Mosul correspondent explains why people in the city did not resist the Islamic State group at first, why his family and others decided to stay and how extremists kept control of a city of around 2 million.
- What Iranian clerics really think of Cyrus the Great
Cyrus the Great is probably one of the most well-known historical figures to Iranians: an ancient king who has been praised for his wise and fair rule (559-530 B.C.).
- UN: Islamic State in Mosul Deploying Child Suicide Bombers
Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) jihadists, feeling the pressure from the U.S.-backed Iraqi military and its allies on all sides of their de-facto capital of Mosul, Iraq, are perpetrating a “numbing” extent of civilian suffering, including hanging 66 corpses of alleged traitors, using radicalized children as suicide bombers, and using chemical weapons, reports the United Nations.
- Masked men storm into ISIS prison and rescue 3 youths in Hawija
(IraqiNews.com) Kirkuk – Leader at al-Hashd al-Shaabi, Jabbar al-Mamouri declared on Thursday, that masked men stormed into a prison belonging to the Islamic state, and rescued three youths from execution in the district of Hawija, Kirkuk.
- Army forces kill new ISIS War official near Mosul
(IraqiNews.com) Nineveh – Media officials with the Ministry of Defense announced on Thursday the killing of the new War Official of the Islamic State extremist group in a military operation, in eastern Mosul.
- Iraqi army liberates Abbas Rajab village and raise Iraqi flag over its buildings
(IraqiNews.com) Nineveh – Abdel Amir Yarallah, Commander of operation “We Are Coming, Nineveh” announced on Thursday liberating the village of Abbas Rajab, north of al-Zab area in Nineveh, and raised the Iraqi flag over its buildings.
- A dark chapter in Mosul’s history will soon be over – and Iraq is becoming united again
The increasing unity of Iraqi communities has defied predictions of the sectarian destruction of the country