- Deaths as suicide bomber attacks Shia mosque in Kabul
ISIL claims suicide attack inside Baqir-ul-uloom mosque as Shia Muslims mark Arbaeen period.
- Iranian navy ‘enters Atlantic for first time’ — or did it?
On Nov. 22, Jame-Jam daily published a photo on its front page of an Iranian warship along with the headline “Iranian destroyers enter Atlantic Ocean for first time.”
- Human Rights Watch asks Afghan Govt for plan protecting Shia minority
Human Rights Watch said Wednesday that the Afghan government should develop a security plan to better protect minority Shia during high-profile public events.
- US: Air strike kills Abu Afghan al-Masri in Syria
Egyptian Abu Afghan al-Masri, described as a “senior al-Qaeda leader”, was killed in Idlib province, Pentagon says.
- Death toll among Iran’s forces in Syrian war passes 1,000
More than 1,000 soldiers deployed by Iran to Syria to back the government side in its civil war have been killed, an Iranian official said, underlining Tehran’s increasing presence on front lines of the conflict.
- Group warns ISIS may hit advancing troops with chemical weapons
ERBIL, Iraq — Iraqi troops moved on Tuesday to retake another neighborhood in the eastern sector of the northern city of Mosul but were facing stiff resistance from Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants, according to a top Iraqi commander.
- Millions throng Iraq shrine despite fears of an Islamic State attack
Millions of black-clad Shia Muslims, crying and beating their chests in mourning, streamed through a shrine in the Iraqi city of Karbala Monday under heavy protection from the security forces.
- Shia Muslims shed blood in Mumbai to mark death of Mohammed’s grandson (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
Thousands of Shia Muslims gathered in Mumbai to celebrate Arbaeen, also known as Chehlum in Hindi. Offering their sacrifice to the Prophet Mohammed’s family, a small number of mourners hit themselves with sharp blades to shed blood.
- 68,000 Iraqis displaced since launch of Mosul offensive: UN
More than 68,000 people have fled their homes since Iraqi forces launched a huge offensive against the Islamic State group in and around Mosul last month, the UN said Tuesday.
- Shiites mourn martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain
HYDERABAD: Thousands of Shiites mourned the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain on Monday which marks Arbayeen, the culmination of 40-day grieving period.