- 3,10,000 dead: Syria’s civil war in numbers
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said those killed in the Syrian civil war included 90,000 civilians, of which 16,000 were children
- Assad thanks Russia & Putin for helping to liberate Aleppo
The Syrian President, Bashar Assad, has expressed his gratitude to Vladimir Putin and the Russian people for their help in liberating Aleppo from terrorists as the two leaders talked a day after Damascus assumed full control over the city.
- Aleppo liberated, country-wide ceasefire now possible – Russian defense minister
All rebel fighters have been evacuated from the Syrian city of Aleppo, the Russian defense minister reported. This paves the way for a country-wide ceasefire for all forces willing to observe it.
- Iran shoots down a filming drone in Tehran over security concerns
Iran’s anti-aircraft forces shot down a drone in central Tehran on Friday as it approached the offices of the president and the supreme leader, but the unmanned aircraft later appeared to have been operated by a film crew shooting aerial footage for a documentary.
- Islamophobia in Australia: Muslim woman attacked with broken bottle after saying ‘happy holidays’ instead of ‘merry Christmas’
(AhlulBayt News Agency) – A Muslim woman was reportedly subjected to a brutal verbal and physicial attack after her alleged attacker said “merry Christmas” but she replied “happy holidays”.
- Kuwait Shiite ex-MP gets new jail term for Saudi insult
(AhlulBayt News Agency) – The new term raises to 42 years and six months the total jail terms handed to Dashti for making comments deemed offensive to Saudi Arabia and Bahrain and endangering Kuwait’s ties with them.
- Two men convicted of trying to leave UK to join Islamic State in Iraq
Aras Hamid and Shivan Azeez Zangana were helped by a third man, Ahmed Ismail, found guilty of keeping their plan secret
- Saudi airstrikes kill nine Yemeni kids, women
Nine Yemeni civilians, all of them women and children, have been killed and several others injured in a Saudi airstrike on a residential area in Yemen’s southwestern province of Ibb.