- Sad demise of a researcher of Ahlul Bayt (A) sciences
Mr. Sheik Hajj Ismail Ansari Zanjani the prominent researcher of Ahlul Bayt (A) sciences passes away last night
- Kashmiri Muslims perform funeral of Hindu man
In a unique display of communal harmony, Muslims neighbours here performed the last rites of a Hindu man who stayed back when most of the Pandit families fled during the early 1990s when Islamist insurgency erupted in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Yemen intensifies offensive on Shias
Yemeni army says its forces have inflicted heavy losses on Shia fighters north of the country as clashes between the two sides continue for almost three weeks.
- Iraqi Shia leader buried in Najaf
Thousands of mourners in Iraq’s holy Shia city of Najaf have paid their final respects to one of the country’s most powerful leaders.
- Iraq Called for Trial of Saudi Imam
Iraqi judicial system has filed a lawsuit in the international tribunals urging them to bring the Imam of Makkah’s Grand Mosque to justice over his “Takfiri fatwas” against Shia Muslims.
- Pakistani forces kill 14 militants
Pakistani security forces have reportedly killed at least 14 militants in the northwestern Swat Valley as part of a fresh military operation against the gunmen.
- Iran imposes restrictions on hajj over swine flu
Iran has imposed certain restrictions on the upcoming annual Hajj pilgrimage amid fears about the rapid spread of swine flu in the northern hemisphere.
Reading Time: 1 minute