- Fatal rocket attack kills 3 in Kabul
A rocket attack in Afghanistan’s capital Kabul has claimed three more civilian lives, as violence continues to take its toll in the strife-ridden country.
- Car bomb kills 7, wound 16 in Iraq
A car bomb explosion in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi has left at least 7 dead and 16 others wounded, police have reported.
- 90% surge in car theft in Tehran
Car theft in Tehran has risen by up to 90 percent in the last five months compared with the amounts recorded during a similar period in 2008.
- Riyadh dodges response on missing Iranian
Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman says his country has not received any clear response from Saudi Arabia’s officials regarding the missing Iranian pilgrim.
- Arrest warrant issued for Karroubi’s son
An Iranian court has issued an arrest warrant for the son of defeated presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi over charges of financial misconduct, a report says.
- Pakistan army claims killing 63 militants
The Pakistani military says its forces have killed more than 60 pro-Taliban militants in an ongoing military operation in the northwestern tribal region of Khyber.
- 90 arrested in Birmingham anti-Islam rally
Police have arrested 90 people after racially-charged anti-Islam demonstration in the city of Birmingham, central England, turned violent.
- Saudi authorities severely attack Shia mosque
Saudi authorities attacked Shia mosque in al-Khobar city and forcibly expelled the prayers and finally sealed the doors of mosque.
- Collusion between Nigerian Government and US to Onslaught Shias Exposed
Nigerian security operatives met in Abuja early last week and came out with a blueprint on how to phase out members of the Islamic Movement (Shiite group) in Nigeria under the leadership of Sheikh Ibraheem Yaqub Zakzkay (H) and its influence in the country.
- Nepalese police arrests Mosque Attacker
Police have arrested one of Nepal’s most wanted men, the alleged leader of a shadowy militant group blamed in deadly attacks on a mosque and a church, the government said Monday.
Reading Time: 2 minutes