- More than 80 civilians martyred in Yemen raid.
More than 80 people have been killed in an air raid on a camp for displaced people in northern Yemen, witnesses say.
- Japanese FM Hosts Iftar to Promote Ties with Islamic World
Japanese Foreign Minister Hirofumi Nakasone hosted Iftar, where some 30 envoys from Islamic nations attended, the Foreign Ministry announced Tuesday.
- New attacks claim more lives across Iraq
At least seven people, including four security officers, have been killed and nine others sustained wounds in a spate of attacks that struck war-shattered Iraq.
- Report: S. Arabia key backer of global terrorism
Saudi Arabia continues to act as a main supporter of international terrorism eight years after the September 11 attacks on American soil, a US report has found.
- UK: Failure in Afghanistan destroys West image
A top British commander hints that the NATO defeat against Taliban militants in Afghanistan would have a devastating impact on the US and its western allies’ global reputation.
- Twin suicide blasts hit Somali peacekeepers
Two massive blasts have rocked an African Union peacekeepers’ base in Somalia, when two suicide bombers in vehicles bearing UN logos detonated explosives.
- Official: Suicide bomb kills 25 in NW Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) – A suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a hotel in a northwest Pakistan market on Friday, killing 25 people in a possible sectarian attack, police and a government official said.
- Iran security forces clash with protesters: witness
TEHRAN (Reuters) – Iran security forces clashed with supporters of opposition leader Mirhossein Mousavi and arrested at least 10 of them during annual anti-Israel rallies in Tehran on Friday, a witness said.
Reading Time: 1 minute