- Blast near Pakistan’s Swat valley kills 41
ISLAMABAD, (Reuters) – A suspected suicide bomber killed 41 people in an attack on the Pakistani military on Monday as the Taliban claimed responsibility for a weekend raid on the army’s headquarters.
- Defending Muslimsâ rights is a priority for Iran: Iran Majlis Speaker
Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani held a meeting with Molavi Iftikhar Hussain Ansari, a senior Shia scholar from the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, in Tehran on Monday.
- Hezbollah denies any casualties in Lebanon blast
Lebanon’s resistance movement has dismissed reports that anyone lost their life in an explosion that ripped through the home of senior Hezbollah member, Abdel Nasser Issa, in the southern village of Tayr Filsi.
- Yemen army ‘kills 60 Shia fighters’
Yemen’s army says it has killed 60 Huthi Shia fighters in various operations in the country’s northern areas.
- 28,000 Pakistani troops to mount S. Waziristan attack
Nearly 28,000 Pakistani troops have massed in the country’s restive northwest, ahead of another offensive against pro-Taliban militant strongholds in the area.
- Women Never Forced toâ¨Wear âNiqabâ: Grand Mufti
DUBAI â” The Grand Mufti of Dubai has refuted allegations made by some quarters that âniqabâ is linked â¨to extremism.
- Lebanese speaker in UAE amid Shiite expulsion row
ABU DHABI – Lebanese parliament speaker Nabih Berri on Monday began a visit to the United Arab Emirates, which has been accused of expelling Lebanese Shiites thought to have links to Hezbollah.
- Iran hangs five drug traffickers plus a murderer
TEHRAN – Iran has hanged five convicted drug traffickers plus a murderer in a prison in the southwestern city of Ahvaz, the Kayhan newspaper reported Tuesday.
- âPositive interestâ by US for Iran talks: Ahmadinejad aide
TEHRAN – Arch-foe Washington is showing âpositive interestâ in high-profile dialogue with Tehran, but just how serious it is will be seen in Iranâs next round of talks with world powers, a top aide of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told AFP.