- Enemies wanted to incite sectarian riots in Muharram: Kaira
Pakistan, GUJRAT: Federal Information Minister Kamar Zaman Kaira said Wednesday that anti-Pakistan forces wanted to incite sectarian riots during holy month of Muharram. However, all the stakeholders jointly thwarted this conspiracy.
- 8 more nabbed over Ashura blast in Karachi
Pakistan, KKarachi: At least 8 more persons were rounded up in connection with riots and arson inflicted following Karachi bombing at Asuhra procession on M.A Jinnah Road.
- Karbala Int’l Symposium to be Held in Turkey
An international symposium on Karbala will be held at Republican University in Sivas, Turkey.
- Anti-terror chief killed in Iraq bombings
Early morning bombings Thursday rocked the town of Heet in the western Iraqi province of al-Anbar, killing seven people including an anti-terror chief, an emergency official said.
- Six Karachi blast suspects identified
Witnesses have identified at least six suspects in connection with deadly bombings during an Ashura ceremony in Pakistan’s financial hub of Karachi last Monday.
- Indian police officer killed in Kashmir clashes
A gun battle between government soldiers and fighters left at least one police officer dead in Indian-administered Kashmir on Wednesday.
- Iraqi MP asks government to grant Grand Ayatollah Sistani the highest medal
Secretary- General for Nation Party, MP Mithal al- Alossi has asked Iraqi government to grant Grand Ayatollah Ali al- Sistani the highest medal as appreciation for his great services and stance rendered to Iraqi people and as a reply for Saudi clergy man’s allegations against him.
- Saudi Wahhabi insult to Ayatollah Sistani outrages Iraq
Insulting remarks by a Saudi cleric about the most revered Shia cleric in Iraq, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, have strained relations between Baghdad and Riyadh.
- Performing Umarah Hajj unnecessary before Saudi Gov’t’s vowed commitment
Grand Ayatollah Ja’far Sobhani said here Wednesday so long as Saudi government has not vowed commitment to treat Iranian pilgrims prestigiously performing Umrah Hajj pilgrimage is unnecessary.
- Gulf states warned of possible Qaeda attacks
Western intelligence has warned Gulf states that Al Qaeda is on the verge of launching attacks mainly on ships after regrouping in the past few months, the Al Qabas daily reported.
Reading Time: 2 minutes