- 3 states plan to launch Persian-language TV network
Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan are planning to launch a joint Persian-language television network in the near future.
- The Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector
Riyadh, Asharq Al-Awsat – The Islamic Development Bank was founded in 1975 as part of the vision and as a result of the aid of King Faisal Bin Abdulaziz, may God rest his soul.
- Shia Ulema announce strike on Saturday, shia organizations announce mourning
Shia Organizations have denounced the attack on mourners of Imam Hussain (AS) in Karachi and said that Government was failed to protect the shia community from the terrorists.
- Rendsburg authorizes permission for Azan
The German town of Rendsburg authorized Azan (the call to prayer) of the muezzin by loudspeaker from the minaret of the mosque, despite protests from some people, the social-democrat mayor, Andreas Breitner, said Tuesday.
- 85% of gilding minarets of Standard Bearer of Karbala (Hazrat Abbas) shrine completed
85% of gilding minarets of Standard Bearer of Karbala (Hazrat Abbas) shrine where the Moazzen recite Azan completed.
- Turkey: Arbaeen Mourning Ceremony Held in Istanbul
On the occasion of Arbaeen, a mourning ceremony was held yesterday, February 4, in Istanbulâs Halkali Square, IHA news agency reported.
- Around One Million mourners participated in Arbaeen (Chehlum) Procession, despite twin bomb blasts + Pic
Pakistan – Karachi: Shia Muslims largely participated in the Arbaeen (chehlum), 40th day of annual mourning that is observed across the world to commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (AS) and his companions.
- Norway – 1000 Muslim Taxi Drivers Protest Mohammed Cartoon in oslo
Muslim taxi drivers blocked the entire Oslo 1000 taxis were stopped in the night â” in protest against the Prophet Muhammad cartoons. The protest was peaceful until the police confined themselves to ensure that there was a clear passage for emergency vehicles.
- Taliban dig in for big assault, say Afghan villagers
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan (Reuters) – Taliban militants are massing and preparing for a big fight ahead of a major NATO offensive in an insurgent stronghold in southern Afghanistan, villagers fleeing the area said on Sunday.
Reading Time: 2 minutes