- Courting support: It’s raining sops & grants for Muslims in UP
LUCKNOW: Giant hoardings of politicians cutting across party lines stare down at passers-by at Hafizpur main crossing looking a tad incongruous. This kasbah, a mere 20 km off Azamgarh, is inhabited mostly by landless Muslim farmers, and everybody and his brother here is a bit baffled by the off season wooing by political heavyweights.
- 200,000 Bangladeshis still homeless 9 months after cyclone
Over 200,000 Bangladeshi citizens are still living in miserable conditions nine months after they lost their homes in a powerful cyclone.
- Gujarat built mosques to draw Arab ships
AHMEDABAD: Can you imagine a non-Muslim building a mosque in 21st century India? May sound impossible today. But, two far-sighted Jains built one of the earliest mosques in Gujarat, a state that has seen some of the worst post-independence communal riots.
- ‘Estranged Muslim woman can claim maintenance’
MUMBAI: Over 10 years after she was forced to leave her matrimonial house with her two children, a Muslim woman now has a reason to smile. The Bombay high court recently held that she was entitled to maintenance from her husband under section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC).
- Five Muslims get 23 to 28 years jail term over Australia terror plot
MELBOURNE: Five Muslim extremists were today jailed up to 28 years by an Australian court for plotting violent attacks to protest the country’s involvement in “War on Terror” in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Report on 2002 riots cases in 3-4 months: Commission to HC
AHMEDABAD: The Nanavati Commission probing the post-Godhra riot cases on Monday told the Gujarat High Court that it has completed analysis of evidences and statements and is likely to finish its report in 3-4 months time.
- Ayatollah Sistani Rep commemorates Wafat of Holy Prophet in Kuala Lumpur + Pic
The Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Students at Malaysia (KSISAM) were honoured to have the presence of Hujjatul Islam wal Muslimin Sheikh Waiz Zadeh, the representative of Grand Ayatollah Aluzama Sayyid Ali Sistani…..
- Islamic countries praise strengthening of human rights foundations in Iran
NAM news agency reported Tuesday from 7th Human Rights Work Group here that Islamic countries envoys there have praised strengthening of human rights foundations in Iran.
- Over 10 million Shia pilgrims mourns anniversary martyrdom of Imam Reza (AS) in holy Mashhad
Concurrent with the anniversary of martyrdom of 8th Infallible Imam of the Prophet of Islam Mohammad (PBUH) Household, Imam Reza (AS), all of the Islamic Iran’s cities mourned this sad occasion.
- Neighbors Help Clean Up Mosque Vandalism in Nashville
It was a cold morning Friday for cleanup, but it was nothing compared to the chill John Tighe got by reading the spray-painted message.