- Saudi prince in court over London murder
LONDON – A Saudi prince was remanded in custody on Friday after appearing in court accused of murdering his employee in a luxury London hotel.
- German Insurance Giant Munich Re Pulls Out of Iran
FRANKFURT (AFP) â” Munich Re, the world’s biggest reinsurer, on Friday became the latest German firm to pull out of Iran as pressure grows for new sanctions against the Islamic republic over its nuclear programme.
- Kuwaiti envoy: Persian Gulf name, irreversible
The Kuwaiti envoy to Tehran says the historical and geographical name of the Persian Gulf is irreversible and no body reserves the right to deny Iranians their right.
- Iraq – Car Bombing in Ramadi, 10 killed
A car bombing has rocked Ramadi in the Western Iraqi province of al-Anbar, leaving at least 10 people, including four policemen, killed.
- Salaam Scotland programme outlined
The programme for Scotland’s first Muslim culture festival has been set out.
- Organizing the first ever Mahdism exhibition on 9th of Rabiâ al Awal at Tehran Mosala
Mahdism: the âForefront of Reappearanceâ Exhibition on 9th of Rabiâ al Awal concurrent with the start of Imamate of Hazrat Mahdi (AS) will be held at Mosala e Tehran (the main prayer congregation courtyard) from 3rd to 7th of Isfand.
- Pakistan – 10 killed in Sarhad State Blast
A huge explosion has been heard in a cattle market in a Pakistani tribal region, killing at least ten people, according to officials.
- Senior al-Qaeda terrorists arrested in Wasit, Iraq
After raiding several houses in the al-Suweira district, 135 kilometers north of Kut, Iraqi security forces have arrested two high-level militants with links to the terrorist al-Qaeda network in the capital of the eastern Iraqi province of Wasit in a joint operation with US forces.
- Iran’s science progress fastest in world: Canadian report
A Canadian firm evaluating the global output of science and technology says scientific advancements in Iran have grown 11 times faster than any other country in the world.
- Taliban kill 6 US-led troops in Afghanistan
US-led forces have lost six more soldiers during an anti-Taliban operation in the militants-infested southern Afghanistan.
Reading Time: 2 minutes