- The Netherlands: Wilders goes for headscarf ban in the Hague
A ban on headscarves for city council workers and in all institutions and clubs which get local authority money will be the most important point in the PVV´s negotiations to join governing coalitions in Almere and the Hague, says party leader Geert Wilders.
- Swiss court upholds basketball hijab ban
A Swiss basketball player has failed in her bid to have a court overturn a hijab ban when she plays in league games
- Yemen sappers enter Shi’ite rebel stronghold
SANAA (Reuters) – Yemeni army sappers entered a northern Shi’ite rebel stronghold to clear mines after rebels quit the city of Saada as part of a truce to end a war that has drawn in Saudi Arabia, the defense ministry said on Saturday.
- Sistani’s representative demand the candidates to stay away from “false promises”
Karbala – The Representative of the religious authority Ali Al Sistani demanded on Friday the political blocs and candidates for the parliamentary elections to stay away from “false promises” during the electoral campaign, noting that some blocs are depending on “immoral” ways in their electoral campaigns.
- Wahhabi Terrorist Group Arrested in Northwestern Iran
Iran’s Intelligence Ministry announced on Saturday that its forces have disbanded and arrested a group of radical criminals with Wahhabi tendencies in the country’s northwestern province of West Azarbaijan.
- Pakistani Politician: Rigi’s Capture Indicates Iran’s Power
A senior Pakistani politician on Saturday said that Iran’s ability to arrest the ringleader of the Jundollah terrorist group, Abdolmalek Rigi, indicated the country’s power.
- Millat-e-Jafferia will observe the ‘Wahdat Week” from 12 to 17 Rabi-ul-Awal
Vice-President, Jaffaria Alliance, Allama Mohammed Hussain Masoodi announced that Millat-e-Jafferia will observe the ‘Wahdat Week” from 12 Rabi-ul-Awal to 17 Rabi-ul-Awal to mark the brith celebrations of holy prophet Mohammad (PBUH) saying that during the Wahdat week Mehfil-e-Milad and processions will be taken out in the city.
- Iran to launch joint TV station with neighbors
Head of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) Ezzatollah Zarghami says the country plans to launch a Persian-language television station along with its two neighbors.
- Afghanistan begins taking control of US prison
The Afghan national army will take full control of an infamous US prison at Bagram Air Field within a year.
- India celebrates Holy Prophet (PBUH)’s birthday
Eide-Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), is being celebrated across the country Saturday on 12th Rabi’ al-awwal with great religious fervor and enthusiasm.
Reading Time: 2 minutes