- India out of the loop on Af-Pak
WASHINGTON: The atmospherics are good but the ground realities are unfavourable. India is struggling to stay relevant and advance its geo-political equities with the United States at a time Washington is buffeted by domestic pressures and international crises that are undercutting its resolve to put ties with New Delhi on a higher plane.
- Opec Keeps Output Steady
VIENNA – Opec ministers agreed not to change oil output targets they are already exceeding, anticipating that demand will pick up later in the year to mop up extra barrels.
- Iraq announces 80 pct. vote count results
The Iraqi Electoral Commission has announced preliminary results of 80 percent of vote counts for the country’s recent legislative polls.
- Saudi Arabia: 4,756 Human Rights Cases in One Year
Riyadh, Asharq Al-Awsat- The Saudi Arabian Human Rights Commission [HRC] has revealed that it received 4,756 complaints over the past year. The disclosure of this information came in the HRC’s annual statistical report.
- Al-Jazeera: Yemen seizes broadcast equipment
CAIRO (AP) – Al-Jazeera television says Yemeni authorities confiscated broadcasting equipment from the station’s San’a offices after complaining of its coverage of the country’s restive southern region.
- Osama Bin Laden’s Daughter Prepares to Leave Iran
London, Asharq Al-Awsat- Sources have revealed to Asharq Al-Awsat that Osama Bin Laden’s daughter, Iman, is preparing to leave Iran for Syria today or within the next few days.
- US Muslims to Challenge Anti-Islam Bias in Children’s Books
CAIR-PA to launch nationwide campaign against books that promote hostility toward Islam and suspicion of Muslims
- Islamic investment conference ends in Kazakhstan
A meeting on studying ways and methods of Islamic investment was held in the Kazakhstan capital of Astana.
- Tafseer Courses in Bishkek’s Grand Mosque
The grand mosque in the Kyrgyz capital of Bishkek is hosting a course on Tafseer (interpretation of the holy Quran).
- Muslims in Russia mark 100th anniversary of St Petersburg Mosque + Pic
Muslims in Russia celebrate the 100th anniversary of St Petersburg Mosque.
Reading Time: 2 minutes