- Mosque Societies are the best places for executing cultural programs
In charge of the South Khorasan’s Secretariat of Art and Cultural Mosques’ Societies said: Mosque Societies are the best places for investing on cultural programs.
- Yazidi Terrorists Brutally Martyred 3 Innocent Shias in Pakistan
Three Shia Muslims were shot martyred by the unknown Yazidi terrorists.
- US to send 2500 troops to N. Afghanistan
US commanders in Afghanistan are planning to deploy about 2,500 more troops to the North of the country due to what they describe as concerns about an increasing Taliban presence there.
- Militants blow up girls’ school in NW Pakistan
Pakistani pro-Taliban militants have blown up another girls’ school in Mohmand Ageny in northwest Pakistan in the latest wave of extremist attacks targeting schools near the Afghan border.
- Modi unlikely to appear before SIT today
Narendra Modi may not appear before the Special Investigation Team on Sunday, as it has still not been intimated by the Gujarat CM’s office about his visit. The SIT, appointed by the Supreme Court, is probing Modi’s role in the 2002 anti-Muslim riots in Gujarat.
- Nowruz festivities set to begin in year 1389
People in the Balkans, the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Middle East, and elsewhere gear up to celebrate Nowruz, as we reach the last hours of the year 1388 on the Iranian calendar.
- Iran ‘hosted 2.3mn tourists this year’
About 2.3 million tourists have visited Iran during the current Iranian year (March 21, 2009 to March 20, 2010), says the deputy director of the country’s Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Handicrafts Organization.
- Sachar mum on Muslim job quota
KOLKATA: Sachar Committee chairman Rajindar Sachar on Saturday opposed a sub-quota for Muslim women in Parliament and state assemblies within the proposed quota for the fairer sex.
- Latest on Vote Counts in Iraq
The latest results of vote counts in the Iraqi Capital, Baghdad, show that the State of Law Coalition has gained the highest number of ballots.
- Historic first: Five women on board MPLB
LUCKNOW: The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) seems to have turned a little more gender-friendly.