- Recall communal violence bill, demands MPLB
LUCKNOW: Calling on its constituents to drum up public support against the “draconian piece of law in the making”, All India Muslim Personal Law Board has demanded recall of the Communal Violence (Prevention and Rehabilitation of Victims) bill 2009.
- String of attacks kills six in Iraq
A spate of attacks across Iraq kills six people, as the election commission rejects Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s call for recount.
- In Pakistan, death toll from US drone attack hits 8
A US drone fires two missiles into the troubled northwestern Pakistan, killing at least eight people and injuring several others.
- Maliki back with upper hand in Iraq polls
Updated preliminary results from Iraq’s polls on Sunday showed that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has regained lead over the rival camp, former premier Iyad Allawi’s al-Iraqiya Alliance.
- Taliban say 8 US soldiers killed in Afghanistan
At least 8 US soldiers have been killed in two separate bomb blasts in the eastern province of Khost in Afghanistan, Taliban claimed Sunday
- Azerbaijan insists on Iran, Iraq Nabucco participation
Azerbaijan’s energy minister says Iran and Iraq should also be involved in the Nabucco pipeline for the strategic project to be undertaken
- 40th of Martyrs of Ashoora, Arbaeen, and Milad-un-Nabi incidents observed on TNFJ call
RAWALPINDI, Pakistan: The Universal Chehlum of Shuhada of Ashoora, Arbaeen, and Milad-un-Nabi incidents was observed throughout the country on Friday without any discrimination of any Maslak or a country on the call of Quaid-i-Millat Jafariya Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah.
- Yazidi terrorits killed Nigah Hussain in karachi
Nigah Hussain elder brother of Maulana Azadar Hussain, prayer leader of Hussaini Sefaratkhan Malir karachi was martyred on Sunday night by the unkonwn terrorists.
- 2 Shia youths acquitted in Azam Tariq murder case
An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) here on Saturday exonerated two innocent Shia youths from the fake charges of killing of Azam Tariq, a leader of banned outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba.
- Three Shia martyred in Quetta
Three Shia men were shot dead in Saryab Road area in Quetta on Saturday by the unknown terrorists