- Joint Chiefs chair in Iraq, meeting prime minister
BAGHDAD – Adm. Mike Mullen, the top U.S. military official, met with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Monday, congratulating him on progress toward filling out the new government and discussing what the two countries’ military relationship might be after the scheduled withdrawal of U.S. forces next year.
- Fines for harbouring illegal entrants in UAE
The UAE Ministry of Labour has asked organisations not to hire illegal workers. Employers who flout this law could face imprisonment and a hefty fine.
- Indonesian cleric Ba’asyir facing terrorism charges
Police in Indonesia have charged radical Muslim cleric Abu Bakar Ba’asyir with inciting terrorism, a crime that carries the death penalty.
- Pakistani Shia Leaders criticized Govt., media & judiciary criminal silence
The large number of ladies and momineen protested against brutal suicide bomb blasts in Hangu and Kohat and demanded operation for eradication of terrorists in that areas.
- Iraq violence hikes ahead of Ashura
A bombing attack has killed two civilians in Iraq as violence picks up amid mourning ceremonies marking the martyrdom anniversary of the third Shia Imam Hussein (PBUH).
- 12 cells planning attacks on Shia pilgrims during Ashuraa dismantled
Twelve “terrorist” cells that were planning armed operations targeting pilgrims heading for Karbala for the Ashuraa were dismantled, according to a senior security official on Sunday.
- Mourning Ceremonies in Muharram Being Held in Austria
Mourning ceremonies on the occasion of the month of Muharram and martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS) are held in Austria.
- Three Shia children martyred in Kurram mortar attack
Three children were killed and seven others received injuries when militants fired mortar shells at a residential area in upper Kurram tribal region on Sunday.
- Karbala Ready to Host Over 660 Mourning Groups in Ashura
Hashem Al-Mousavi, in charge of the office for organizing rituals and mourning congregations of the holy shrines of Imam Hussein (AS) and Hazrat Abbas (AS) announced that more than 660 mourning congregations will be present in Karbala on the day of Ashura.