- Halal Development Council of Pakistan Signs 12 MOUs
The Halal Development Council of Pakistan (HDC) has made a major headway in associating the country products, industry and business with the global Halal economy currently being emphasized by the Muslim Ummah for lawful as well as good quality products, said Asad Sajjad, Secretary General, HDC
- Strong 6.1 earthquake hits eastern Tajikistan
WASHINGTON — A strong 6.1 earthquake hit a mountainous area of eastern Tajikistan early Monday, the US Geological Survey reported.
- Iran Ready to Transfer Medical Experiences to Muslim Countries
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Deputy Health Minister Mohammad Hossein Niknam Qaem in a meeting with Secretary-General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu underlined that Iran is prepared to transfer its medical experiences to the other Muslim states.
- Karzai to open Afghan parliament Wednesday
KABUL — President Hamid Karzai will inaugurate Afghanistan’s parliament on January 26, his office said Monday, on the fifth day of a stand-off with lawmakers over electoral fraud.
- Threat to Arbaeen procession looms large over metropolis in Karachi
Threat to sabotage Arbaeen procession of Karbala martyrs, which is scheduled to be taken out here on Tuesday, looms large.
- Court asks police to maintain peace during Shia procession
New Delhi, Jan 24 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday asked police to ensure peace in communally-sensitive Aliganj area near Qanati Masjid in south Delhi in view of Chehlum procession to be taken out Tuesday by members of the Shia community.
- Tunisia army vows to uphold revolt, warns of vacuum
TUNIS (Reuters) – The Tunisian army general who refused to back president Zine al-Abdine Ben Ali’s crackdown on protesters warned on Monday that a political vacuum could bring back dictatorship and vowed to protect the revolution.
- Top Saudi Shia Cleric “Sheikh Mohammed Ali Al Amri” Passed Away in Medina
Top Shia Cleric in Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Mohammed Ali Al Amri, Passed Away in holy city of Medina at the age of 120.
- 70 Shia Pilgrims Martyred/Injured in Karbala Car Bombings
About 70 Shia pilgrims were martyred and injured in a triple car bomb attacks targeted crowds of Shiite pilgrims in the city of Karbala on Monday, the police said.
- 19 Million Pilgrims Expected in Karbala to Mark Arbaeen Mourning
It is expected about 19 Million pilgrims are converging on the Iraqi holy city of Karbala to commemorate Arbaeen of Imam Hussain (A.S)….