- Bahrain court jails six Shia over attacks plot
A Bahraini court on Sunday jailed six Shiites for 15 years for plotting attacks in the Gulf kingdom, including an to attempt to blow up the causeway with Saudi Arabia, lawyers said.
- 19 Pakistani pilgrims wounded in Iraq bombing
FALLUJAH: A roadside bomb in Iraq’s Anbar province wounded 19 Pakistani Shia pilgrims on Sunday, police and a doctor said, in the second attack against pilgrims in the province in days.
- Pakistan: Shia religious speaker Allama Nasir Abbas arrested in Lahore
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Lahore Police arrested Allama Nasir Abbas, a known religious speaker, after he spoke at a mourning ceremony in Lahore.
- Pakistan: Two anti-Shia terrorists of Sipah-e-Sahaba released
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Two Wahhabi terrorists belonging to the banned outfit Sipah-e-Sahaba who had martyred Shia Muslim notable in Gilgit were released.
- Bahraini protesters block roads, set tires on fire in several cities + Pic
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Anti-regime demonstrators in the several Bahraini villages have blocked roads and set tires on fire in an act of protest against the ruling Al Khalifa regime.
- Bahrain authorities condemned by sixty-six delegations at the United Nations UPR
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – In a press conference of opposition parties at Al-Wefaq headquarters, Abduljalil Khall, former MP and head of Al Wefaq’s parliamentary bloc, said that the position of the international community regarding human rights violations indicates that there is a growing consensus on their magnitude.
- Najaf Shiite cleric calls for dialogue
Chief of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, Ammar al-Hakim, said on Saturday that top Shiite cleric in Najaf called on Political leaders to calm down the situation, underlining the importance of dialogue to end the current political standoff in the country.
- Senior Baghdad official admits being a Qaeda member – police sources
Baghdad Provincial Council member confessed to be Qaeda member since 2005, Baghdad Police Commander announced today.
- New Massacres by al-Qaeda-linked Terrorist Groups against Families in Syria
(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) – Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist groups committed two horrible massacres against a number of families in the towns of al-Shumariyeh and Taldo in the countryside of Homs province, in escalation of their crimes that comes usually before Security Council sessions on Syria and this time in coincidence with the announced visit of the UN envoy to Syria Kofi Annan.
Reading Time: 2 minutes