- 11 foreign spies arrested in Syria
Syrian security forces say they have arrested 11 foreign spies from different Arab countries in Damascus.
- Bahrain forces injure several protesters
Bahraini regime forces attack demonstrations south of the capital Manama with teargas canisters and rubber bullets, injuring several protesters.
- Trial of Iraq’s VP delayed by appeal
The trial of Iraq’s Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi, accused of running death squads, was postponed yesterday as judges await an appeals court ruling on the conduct of the trial.
- Saudi regime forces kill two demonstrators in Eastern Province
Security forces in Saudi Arabia have killed two demonstrators in the country’s Eastern Province, which has been a major scene of anti-regime protests over the past months.
- Gunmen Kill Pakistani Shia Intelligence Officer ‘Syed Qamar Reza’ in Karachi
In an ongoing wave of violence against Shiite Muslims in Pakistan, gunmen have shot dead a Pakistani Shia intelligence officer in F.C. Area of Karachi on Saturday late night.
- Deadly Pakistan attack on Iran-bound bus
At least 18 passengers killed by unknown gunmen in the south west as deaths are reported in drone strike further north.
- ICRO to hold Imam Reza (PBUH) festival in Iran and 48 other countries
Iran’s Islamic Culture and Relations Organization (ICRO) is planning to hold the International Imam Reza (PBUH) Festival in 48 different countries.
- Shia cleric arrested in Saudi after shootout
Protests erupt in Qatif after government critic Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr was wounded by police during gunfight and car chase.
- Annan arrives in Damascus, Syria tests missiles
(Reuters) – Kofi Annan is due to hold talks on Monday with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who said U.S. political support for “terrorists” was hindering the peace envoy’s plan to end 16 months of bloodshed.
Reading Time: 1 minute