- Gruesome video raises concerns about Syria rebels
Beirut: A video that appears to show a unit of Syrian rebels kicking terrified, captured soldiers and then executing them with machine guns raised concerns on Friday about rebel brutality at a time when the United States is making its strongest push yet to forge an opposition movement it can work with.
- Houthi group distributes money to tribal leaders
Alsahwah.net-The Houthi group has distributed money to tribal leaders with in an attempt to successfully celebrate al-Ghadeer Eid, a festive day observed by Shia Muslims on the 18th of Dhu al-Hijjah in the Islamic calendar.
- Bahrain detains rights activist amid defiance of protest ban
MANAMA, Bahrain — A defense lawyer in Bahrain says a prominent human rights activist is in custody after defying an official ban on protest gatherings in the Gulf kingdom.
- Christopher Tappin pleads guilty over weapons charges
A retired businessman from south-east London has pleaded guilty in a US court to selling parts for surface-to-air missiles to Iran.
- UN chief criticizes Bahrain for protest restrictions
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has criticized Bahrain for imposing restrictions on protests and public gatherings.
- Muslim world celebrates Eid al-Ghadeer
The festive day of Eid al-Ghadeer has rolled in with spectacular programs and thrill in Iran, amid delightful celebrations across the Muslim world. It’s a day in which the Holy Prophet of Islam, by divine command in his last sermon, designated Imam Ali, the first Shia Imam, as his immediate successor.
- “Shia Expansion” Becomes “Iranian Expansion” after Al-Manar Publishes Report
One day after Al-Manar website published Hespress website’s report about Morocco sending security experts to Bahrain to “confront Shiite expansion”, our website received a letter from the deputy editor-in-chief of Moroccan An-Nahar daily indicating that he has warned Hespress that this topic was meaningless.
- Syria conflict: Rebels ‘attack key airbase at Taftanaz’
Rebels in Syria say they are locked in a fierce battle with government forces to take control of a key airbase.
- March tests Bahrain’s new ban on protests
In the first test of Bahrain’s new ban on public protests, at least several dozen people have taken to the streets of small towns outside the capital to demonstrate against the jailing of a well-known opposition leader.
- US bank cyber hackers deny being supported by Iran: Report
Washington, Nov 3 (ANI): A cyber group that claimed to have launched cyber attacks against the websites of several major U.S. financial institutions has denied acting on behalf of and being supported by the Iranian government.