- Diplomatic Immunity at Issue in Poss. Human Trafficking Case
A case of “possible human trafficking” at a Saudi diplomatic compound in Virginia is under investigation, the Department of Homeland Security confirmed to News4.
- Iran Detains Senior Diplomat for Unknown Reasons
Iran’s foreign minister says authorities have detained a veteran Iranian diplomat, but describes the incident as a potential “misunderstanding.”
- Iran bus collides head-on with truck, killing 17
TEHRAN: Seventeen people died when a bus crashed into an oncoming truck and caught fire in southwestern Iran, Mehr news agency reported on Friday quoting an official.
- India may commit to develop Iranian port
India may commit about $ 100 million to develop Chabahar Port in Iran during External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s visit to the sanction-hit West Asian country from Friday despite Washington frowning upon New Delhi’s ties with Tehran.
- Indian external affairs minister due in Iran for joint commission
Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid is set to pay an official visit to the Iranian capital, Tehran, to attend the 17th meeting of Iran-India Joint Economic Commission.
- Shia Muslims flee Damascus as death squads kill religious leaders in street
Shia residents of Damascus have described how armed Sunni militiamen daubed crosses on the doors of homes and assassinated religious leaders in the street.
- Assailants set Shiite building on fire in southern Jordan
AMMONNEWS – Dozens of local residents in the southern governorate of Karak on Friday set ablaze a building belonging to the Shi’ite Bohra sect.
- Blast kills 3, wounds 7 at Shiite gathering
BAGDHAD, May 3 (KUNA) — An explosion targeted worshippers leaving al-Mustafa Husseiniya (a Shiite mourning house), killing three and wounding seven others in northeast Baghdad, said a statement by a security source on Friday.
- Halting of Supplies to Shiite Refugees in Sampang ‘Inhumane’: Activist Group
Activists slammed the Sampang government in East Java for halting food and clean water supplies en route to displaced Shiites who had to evacuate their village after religious extremists killed one person and burned down dozens of homes.
- Bahrain Shiites protest to demand prisoners be freed
DUBAI: Hundreds of people from Bahrain’s Shiite Muslim majority clashed with police on Friday as they demonstrated to demand the release of Shiite prisoners held by the kingdom’s Sunni-dominated government, witnesses said.