- Extremists destroy Jonah’s tomb, officials say
(CNN) — If you blink during the video, you might miss the moment an explosion destroys what is said to have been the tomb of Jonah, a key figure in Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
- Militants in Syria put victims’ heads on poles; hundreds killed daily
(CNN) — In some of the most gruesome images yet to emerge from the latest mass violence in Syria, videos show militants raising their victims’ severed heads on poles.
- Global displacement of religious communities reaches all-time high
In 2013, the world witnessed the largest displacement of religious communities in recent memory. In almost every corner of the globe, millions of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and others representing a range of faiths were forced from their homes on account of their religious beliefs.
- U.S. Highlights Bahrain Sectarianism in New Religious Freedom Report
Today’s State Department report on international religious freedom for 2013 is unlikely to heal the increasing rift between the U.S. Government and Bahrain.
- Eid celebrated peacefully across India
NEW DELHI: Eid-ul-Fitr, which marks the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan, was on Tuesday celebrated peacefully with traditional fervour and gaiety across the country.
- Australia issues arrest warrants over Syria severed head photos
SYDNEY: Australia has issued arrest warrants for a pair of Australian citizens believed to be fighting in Syria, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) reported on Tuesday, after images emerged of the two holding the severed heads of Syrian soldiers.
- Angry Shia protesters greet Akhilesh on Eid
LUKCNOW: Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday was ‘greeted’ by angry slogans of Shia Muslims led by cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad outside Bara Imambara on Tuesday while he was on his way to old city to meet a party worker on the occasion of Eid.
- Karzai’s powerful cousin killed, worsens strains over poll deadlock
(Reuters) – Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s powerful cousin, a close ally of presidential candidate Ashraf Ghani, was killed in a suicide bomb attack on Tuesday, officials said, deepening strains over an election marred by fraud and under a U.N.-monitored review.
- Curfew casts shadow over Eid celebrations in Saharanpur
Saharanpur (UP), July 29: The mood was not at all festive, said Qazi Nadeem Akhtar, after his Eid day speech at the Eidgah ground here on Tuesday.