- Iranian Students Rally at French Embassy Against Charlie Hebdo
Thousands of Iranians chanted slogans near the French embassy in Tehran to protest the latest edition of Charlie Hebdo, which caricatured Prophet Muhammad on its cover.
- Cameron Backs Letter to Mosques Urging Action on Extremism
Prime Minister David Cameron defended a letter sent to England’s mosques asking Muslim leaders to help counter Islamist extremism in Britain.
- Iran Risks Rise as Stumbling Talks Push Sanctions Clamor
The slow pace of negotiations on Iran’s nuclear activities is raising the risk that a new round of sanctions against the Islamic Republic could end diplomatic efforts to peacefully resolve the dispute.
- India arrests after Muslim men burnt alive in Bihar
At least 14 people have been arrested in the northern Indian state of Bihar after three Muslims were burnt alive when a mob set fire to dozens of homes.
- Ceasefire reached in Yemen after day of heavy fighting, officials say
Sanaa, Yemen (CNN)Government forces and rebels in Yemen agreed to a ceasefire Monday after heavy fighting in the capital, Sanaa, Yemen’s interior minister and a rebel official said.
- Khaleda calls for resolving crisis, politically
BNP chief Khaleda Zia has once again called on the Awami League government to sit for a dialogue to hold elections soon.
- Kobane battle: Kurdish fighters ‘capture strategic hilltop’
Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State (IS) militants in the town of Kobane on the Syria-Turkey border have captured a strategic hilltop, reports say.
- Iran general died in ‘Israeli strike’ in Syrian Golan
Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards have confirmed that a general was killed in a suspected Israeli air strike in the Syrian Golan Heights on Sunday.
- US drone strike kills five in northwest Pakistan
PESHAWAR // A US drone strike killed at least five militants on Monday in a Pakistani tribal region where Islamabad launched a full-scale military offensive last year.
- Police arrest 4 Pak-trained IS militants in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Four alleged Islamic State militants, including its regional coordinator who frequently travelled to India, Pakistan and other countries, have been arrested here for plotting to attack key installations and turn Bangladesh into a Caliphate State, police said today.