- Syria rebels battle regime in Aleppo’s fiercest fighting
Beirut (AFP) – Two alliances of Syrian rebels battled to advance in government-held western Aleppo on Saturday, seizing an army barracks in one district but losing ground in others, in some of the fiercest fighting in the city since the conflict began.
- Syria mosque blast kills 25 Al-Nusra fighters: monitor
An explosion in a mosque in northern Syria killed 25 members of Al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate, including one of its leaders, as they attended Ramadan prayers, a monitoring group has said.
- Iran atomic bomb probe may be completed in 2015: IAEA
Vienna (AFP) – A long-delayed investigation into whether Iran has sought to develop nuclear weapons could be completed by the end of the year with Tehran’s help, the head of the UN atomic watchdog said Saturday.
- Saudi policeman killed in raid, IS flags found: ministry
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) (AFP) – A Saudi policeman was shot dead on Friday during a raid in which three people were arrested and flags of the Islamic State group were found, the interior ministry said.
- Foreign ministers back to Vienna for final Iran nuclear deal push
VIENNA: Foreign ministers from major powers were expected back in Vienna Sunday seeking to score a huge diplomatic success by nailing down a nuclear deal with Iran after almost two years of intense effort.
- Egypt’s Sisi rallies troops in Sinai after IS attacks
Cairo (AFP) – Egypt’s president said Saturday the situation in the restive Sinai Peninsula, where dozens of soldiers, jihadists and civilians have been killed this week in yet more violence, is “totally stable”.
- Airstrikes hit multiple IS targets in Syria stronghold
Washington (AFP) – US-led coalition forces said they carried out a series of 16 airstrikes Saturday on the Islamic State in its Syrian stronghold of Raqa, in one of the biggest assaults on the extremists.
- ‘Scores’ killed by Nigeria female suicide bombers
Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) – Several female suicide bombers in northeast Nigeria blew themselves up amid panicked villagers fleeing a Boko Haram attack, killing scores, the army and witnesses said Saturday.
- Syria Forces and Hezbollah Attack Insurgents Near Lebanon
BEIRUT, Lebanon — Syrian government forces and their allies in the Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah started a new offensive Saturday against insurgents in Zabadani, a mountain town near the border with Lebanon that was one of the first to be wrested by rebels four years ago.
- Maryam Rajavi: Iranian regime is enemy of Muslims, whether Shiite or Sunni
The solution to the crisis is expulsion of mullahs’ regime from throughout the region and its overthrow in Iran
Reading Time: 2 minutes