- Bahrain jails, revokes citizenship of 8 Shiites
A Bahraini criminal court jailed eight Shiites on Wednesday after convicting them of spying for Iran.
- 42 dead in suicide attacks in Yemen claimed by DAESH
A wave of suicide bombings targeting Yemeni troops killed at least 42 people on Monday in the southeastern city of Mukalla, officials said, attacks claimed by DAESH.
- US gives Iraq $2.7B credit to buy military equipment
The United States has extended a $2.7-billion credit facility to Iraq for the purchase of military equipment amid the ongoing fight against the Islamic State group.
- Senior Shia scholar: Satellite channels a trap to divert, mislead society
AhlulBayt News Agency – Speaking during his Quranic exegesis class at Qom’s Ayatollah Golpaygani Seminary, Ayatollah Mahdi Hadavi-Tehrani referred to Quranic chapter “Hajj,” saying: “Those who do not go toward the truth and do not follow God’s instructions will eventually follow every other evil over time and will quickly and easily accept every falsehood but they will offer excuses and the shortcomings over accepting the truth.
- Iran to execute three Shiite-Arab political prisoners
In Syria, Iran claims it is protecting Shiite Arabs, but inside its borders, it executes them.
- Pakistani court releases four dangerous terrorists involved in anti-Shia suicide attacks
Pakistan – AhlulBayt News Agency – Anti Terrorism Court Shikarpur’s judge Fida Hussain Mughal has released the most dangerous four terrorists involved in Shikarpur and Jacobabad Suicide attacks, due to lack of evidence against crime No. 150/2015.
- At least three civilians killed, seven injured in bomb blast western Baghdad
AhlulBayt News Agency – A source in the Ministry of Interior informed on Wednesday about ten (10) casualties in western Baghdad in a bomb last during the morning hours.
- Top notorious Chechen commander “Adam Shishani” Killed by Syrian army in Lattakia / Video
AhlulBayt News Agency – The top field commander of the terrorist group of the Caucasus’ Soldiers was killed by the Syrian army soldiers in the militants’ failed attack on the government forces’ strongholds in Northern Lattakia.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: 41 dead and more than 230 hurt
A gun and bomb attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport has killed 41 people, at least 13 of them foreigners, and injured more than 230, officials say.
- Iraqi forces gain ground in march to recapture ISIS-held Mosul
AhlulBayt News Agency – Iraqi security forces have made new gains on the ground against the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group as they are trying to recapture the country’s second-largest city of Mosul from the terrorists.