Shaikh Najdi used to insult the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.) in various ways because he believed that this was the best method to safeguard his interpretation of monotheism (Tawheed). Following are a few examples of his appalling disrespect and insolence towards the exalted person of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.):
1) Shaikh Najdi referred to the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) as ‘Tarish’, which in Najdi speech means a lowly messenger boy or a mere postman!!!
2) About the incident of Hudaibiyyah, he used to say that it is full of lies. Hence, when his followers and acolytes used to speak against the incident, he felt pleased with them.
3) One of his blind followers once remarked in his presence that his walking stick is better than Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) because his stick can still be used for killing a snake or such reptiles while Muhammad is not beneficial any more. He was just a messenger boy who is no more.
4) Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhaab hated the recitation of salutations (salawaat) upon the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.). He also felt upset to hear the salutations (salawaat) whenever it was recited in the mosque.
(Even today, the followers of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhaab are resentful towards the recitation of salutations (salawaat) by visitors to Jannatul Baqi in Madina).
5) Shakh Najdi opposed the recitation of salutations (salawaat) on Friday eve and especially from the minarets of the mosques. If he found someone reciting it loudly and publicly, he used to punish him or her.
6) He used to often say that recitation of salutations (salawaat) on the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) from the minarets of the mosques is by far a graver sin than a prostitute’s playing of musical instruments in her bordello (Astaghferollah Rabbi wa atoobo ilaih)!!! (He used to tell his followers that this will protect monotheism).
7) He destroyed the book Dalaael-ul-Khairaat and other books of salutations (salawaat) by setting them ablaze.
8) He also destroyed the books of Fiqh, hadith and tafseer penned by renowned and authentic Muslim scholars of the Ahle Sunnah wal Jama’ah.
9) He had clearly allowed his companions to interpret the verses of Quran as per their whims and wishes.
10) He used to ascribe to Muslims those verses of the Holy Quran that were revealed for hypocrites and the polytheists (The Khawaarej also followed the same modus operandi).
11) Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhaab used to instruct his officers to do Ijtehaad in matters of religion and issue the Ahkaam of shariah according to their personal opinion. He also stopped them from referring to religious books saying that these contain right and wrong both. While, as a matter of fact, all his officers were absolutely ignorant of religious laws.
12) Those scholars and pious people who did not embrace his newly-innovated religion were immediately put to sword.
13) Whatever booty he recovered after looting Muslims was distributed as zakaat to his followers as per his fancy and wishes.
14) The followers of Shaikh Najdi did not follow any of the four schools of Sunni Jurisprudence. (This is precisely the reason why they pride themselves in being called as Salafis and Ghair-e-Muqalledeen). However, to deceive simple Muslims, they claimed to follow the Hanbali school.
15) Shaikh Najdi used to instruct people against supplications after Salaat. His justification: ‘Do you expect wages of worship from Allah?’
(Shaikh Ahmed Ibn Zaini al-Dehlaan Makki Shafei expired 1304 A.H., Khulaasatul Kalaam fi Bayaanil Omara wal belaadel haraam, pp. 229-233)