Ameerul Momimeen (a.s.) precedes all Muslims in Salaat
Tags: Imam Ali b. Abi Talib (a.s.), Imamat, Sahaabah, Sunnah
Precedence of Ameerul Momineen – Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) – in prayers (Salaat) over all Muslims is well-documented. This is clearly established even by the Ahle Tasannun going by the following reports.
- Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) declared – I am the servant of Allah and the brother of His Prophet (s.a.w.a.), I am the Foremost Testifier, none shall claim this after me except a liar. I preceded others in prayers by seven years.
- Sunan of Ibn Maajah trad. 117
- Kanz al-Ummal trad. 32,939
- Also Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain v 3 p 111-112
- The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) informed – Indeed the angels invoked blessings on me and on Ali for seven years, because over that period there was none praying along with me except Ali (a.s.).
- Osod al-Ghaabah fi Marifah al-Saḥaabah v 4 p 18
- Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) declared to Usman (Ibn Affan) – I am better than you and both of them (first and second claimants). I worshipped Allah before both of them as also after them.
- Al-Fusool al-Mukhtarah part 88 – Age of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) at the time of embracing Islam
- When a person was abusing Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas, the Prophet’s (s.a.w.a.) companions countered: Isn’t he (Ali a.s.) the first to accept Islam and the foremost in praying Salaat?
- Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain v 3 p 500
When precedence and superiority of Ameerul Momineen (a.s.) in this matter is so evident, it is surprising to find Muslims take others as their leaders ahead of him (a.s.).