View of the Ahle Tasannun on companions
Tags: Ahle Sunnah, Sahaabah, Salafi, Wives of Prophet (s.a.w.a.)
The Ahle Tasannun have a rather benevolent and charitable view on companions many of who
- fled battles,
- raised their voices in the Prophet’s (s.a.w.a.) presence,
- regularly antagonized the Prophet (s.a.w.a.),
- threatened to marry his (s.a.w.a.) widows after him,
- prevented him (s.a.w.a.) from writing his will,
- assaulted the Prophet’s (s.a.w.a.) beloved daughter (s.a.) & his brother and successor (a.s.).
Notwithstanding their heinous crimes, the companions are considered just and error-free by the scholars of the Ahle Tasannun.
The renowned Ahle Tasannun personality, Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, records:
The consensus of the Ahle Sunnah regarding all the companions of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) is that they were just. None opposes this view except the most deviated of innovators.
- Al-Isabah p 17
While companions are above board, ironically, the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) for them was a mere mortal and prone to making mistakes!